• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Doom Builder 2 Config- V1 RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, the one I had was really the version 1.09 after all?...Never mind =3...it worked well! I'll just update my configurations now.

I have one thing to say! You are a genius...but yet nobody know you =3...I guess real people who makes map will someday find this. when they'll do, you are going to be popular!... I guess?

I have one thing to say! You are a genius...but yet nobody know you =3...I guess real people who makes map will someday find this. when they'll do, you are going to be popular!... I guess?
He's not really a genius for making this config, that's not hard, Also, DB2 can't do a lot of things that are necessary for SRB2 mapping, so as long as someone doesn't modify the program, this config isn't that useful.

Awww...but for meh, it is... I really don't like the SRB2DB...it don't shows decal of floor like DB2 do...and I think is don't let you play with the "Create sector" tools since its new and available only on DB2...

Well...Its my right to find this a GOOD idea.

BTW: configuration may be easy for people like you...but me, who's a perfect dumb for those thing, wouldn't be able to do that...

In other word, I think that he's a genius...leave him decide if he is or not.

Uuh, where'd the genius thing come from?
Also SpiritCrusher, the only thing I can really thiknk of that DB2 doesn't do is like the FOF maker or Zoom Tube Wizard, which aren't really necessities (I'm unsure of that spelling there), heck, it even has the stackable sector types thing in it (just have no idea how to make it work). Other than that, I don't actually see anything that this config can't do that SRB2DB can, mind actually telling me what those things are.

By the way, haven't worked on this much as I feel hardly anyone's using it or that it doesn't help at all in level making for people who can't use SRB2DB, or get to frustrated with it crashing and even deleting your entire map. Sorry about that, at least the config so far is some help rather than a hinderance.

It's not about the quality of the config, that's just fine. It's more that DB2 can't do certain things, like Z offsets, properly, which is kinda necessary for mapping. Also, 3D Mode without FOF rendering, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, if SRB2DB deletes your map (which never happened to me), you enable the backup option.

You surely are right that DB2 are missing some things...but I still prefer using this than srb2DB...Everyone has their choice...Thx again for letting me use DB2 with this config =3.

I just recently found my dad's old Doom 2 CD and decided to use DB2 to map for it. I guess I could try this out to map for SRB2 and see how good it works.

In all honesty, I can't take it using DB1 and srb2db (which is essentially DB1 but modded for SRB2) I have Vista 64bit (and someday upgrade to 7 64bit) and DB1 crashes randomly, hence I thank Violo for taking the time to work on a DB2 config file.

This is quite the large bump, but I think it's worth it.

Version 1 of the Unofficial SRB2 DB2 Config has been released!!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?igtqbofc3352k4u

What is included in this update:
Introduces what is practically essential (other than Z positioning), combining Sector Types. Although you won't see it at first, if you go into Sector Types Details (not the drop down list), and go into the Generalised Sectors tab, you'll find the combination area. Choose your sector types and they'll combine into the correct sector type.
I also updated the linedef types area to the current one in the SRB2DB config rather than the one I had. Hope that helps as well.

I hope this helps for you guys, the front post hasn't been updated yet, but I will soon, I hope you enjoy the update. Sorry for the lateness.

Last edited:
I was about to say "awesome", but:

Unable to load the game configuration file "db2srb2-206.cfg". Error in file "C:/.../Doom Builder 2\Configurations\db2srb2-206.cfg" near line 884: Invalid value in assignment. Missing a previous terminator symbol?

The hell, I swear I updated the file... it happened before but I fixed it, strange. :\

Edit: Okay, I tried reuploading, but it says it's the same file. I don't get it, this happened in the previous version, but not this one I have, and you appeared to have downloaded it.

Edit 2: I've disabled the first link and added another one, hopefully this one works better. It's bigger so that one probably has the terminators.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it may be a simple configuration, but it is much better than normal SRB2DB.

I have no longer the blessed error.

Wow? New update I see =3 Just in time for me to retry making maps like before =3...I totally liked your update for DB2 that I wanted to see if you had an update...and I was right =3...Can't wait to try it again and call you a genius AGAIN XD

I probably need to update this all for SRB2DB2 now. But I'm not really sure what has been added, so I'll have to hunt around. Unless Kalaron already updated it...

I think you can actually just edit the included SRB2CBdb2.cfg file to make a plain SRB2 config, you might be able to extend stuff though - making a sorted list of textures (wood, metal, grass categories, etc.) would be cool!

Should I just use the ones on the Wiki to make the texture sets, or do people have other suggestions?

Personally? I'd say to just have it organized like the Wiki.

Anyways, I'll definitely be grabbing this when you update it for vanilla SRB2.

It IS for Vanilla SRB2. I'll just update it so that it doesn't have the SRB2CB stuff...

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?vqt85js3qih3is8
There's a little first go at a vanilla SRB2DB2 config, though it probably has a few things incorrect, however it has fixed various problems such as the Ambush flag being missing and a spelling mistake on the Water Translucent, No Sides Linedef special.

Feedback would be nice.

Last edited:
Why did you add the Ambush flag as 16? Ambush should replace Deaf as 8.

That said, it would be nice if you followed the newest SRB2DB config in naming the specials. Oh, and yes, it's probably best to organize the textures and flats in the same way the wiki does.

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion. Your new config does follow the naming conventions of the newest SRB2DB config for the most part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back