• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

crawla commanda.wad that werks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

"The hated one"
i finaly made a wad and it actually werks!!!
Link Removed
try it first!

Last edited by a moderator:
While you get an F for originality, there might have been people out there who wanted to play as a crawla commander. Though you probably should have edited the sprites first, thus maybe making it into a unique character (I believe somebody actually has done such a thing before).

Upon playing the character, I believe I have a rating (0-5). Please remember that these ratings are meant for your development as a WADder. Trust me: Criticism is a valuable thing:
- Originality: 0. You just copied and pasted sprites, and didn’t even give this crawla a backstory.
- Sprites: 0. As above.
- Audio: 0. None of the sounds make sense for the character at all. The Crawla Commander is not a mobian. Why does it sound like one? It should sound more like a crawla commander. If you need help finding the sounds, just browse srb2.srb.
- Balance: 5. While I have not played this character extensively, from the few seconds I did play and from what I saw in S_SKIN1, he seems quite sound.
- Misc: 0. Nothing seems to be missing. However, your character description contains far to many exclamation marks (less is more when it comes to those). Also, why does your life box resemble a bell (Mr. Crawl-and-Command)? And I would put a different background color on the end sign. Red doesn’t seem to go very well for it.
- Total: 0.5. The character is not overpowered and is one that some people might have had a passing interest in playing. However, this is most definitely not an original creation, and the audio flaws are simply too glaring to ignore. The only thing seperating you from a 0 is balance in stats. I’m afraid that this character needs a lot of improvement before being released. You need to change the life box, possibly the end sign, subtract some exclamation marks from the character description (maybe replace it entirely, substituting a backstory of some sort), edit the sprites, and fix the sounds.

Remember that above review is meant to assist you, and is not meant as an insult.

Last edited:
Way to avoid the releases system here. Submit your wad through the submissions system next time.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back