It happened.... (New SRB2MB logos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eblo the Hedgehog said:
Rob said:
Crüsäder said:
Rob said:
If Arf ever gets around to making all the individual frames, we could easily get an aPNG of tophat Mystic actually dancing.
Wait, PNGs can be animated?

Yes.

When did this happen?

It's always been that way, IIRC. If you have Firefox, it'd definitely be animated, but IE didn't even support transparency in PNGs until recently. They do now, though I'm still not sure about animation.

No, it hasn't "always been that way". MNG was 2001, APNG was 2006. The original PNG format came around the 90's.

If you want to make your own APNGs, I suggest using this:

http://www.reto-hoehener.ch/japng/

It's five orders of magnitude better than the lame Firefox extension because you can actually modify properties for multiple frames at once, and you can edit images larger than the screen (Wow! Who would'a thunk about doin' that?).

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I saw the Mystic one. I just said meh. But once I saw one Cue up there, it made me say, "This has got Cue's deeds written all over it."

Cue's deeds after being hassled by Arf, at which point FB told Cue to tell IE6 to die in a ditch and use transparent PNGs. It went from there.

Cue said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
I saw the Mystic one. I just said meh. But once I saw one Cue up there, it made me say, "This has got Cue's deeds written all over it."

Cue's deeds after being hassled by Arf, at which point FB told Cue to tell IE6 to die in a ditch and use transparent PNGs. It went from there.
Wow... Some negotiating you guys go through....

It is actually a rather delicate process. All the hassling must be done by professionals who know what they are doing, and we need some tech experts to identify which browsers should die in a ditch.
Every part must work as a Rolex clock.

and now, a somewhsat teaser or something

gawdzillabeta.png

If you can't tell, that's suposed to be godzilla.

LOL, Leyts poste are owen eS Are Bee Two em BEE Pictare even though this is a topic about the already new ones that are actually up there, hur hur

Don't open Spoiler Unless you want to Die!
[spoiler:50fe5bfa2f]
You just died from looking at this[/spoiler:50fe5bfa2f]

LOL LOL LOL

Eliwood said:
LOL, Leyts poste are owen eS Are Bee Two em BEE Pictare even though this is a topic about the already new ones that are actually up there, hur hur

[spoiler:44bb105dc1]
You just died from looking at this[/spoiler:44bb105dc1]

LOL LOL LOL

Ok, WHAT in the WORLD... did i just read?

Eliwood, shut up, for the love of god. This isn't HDiJ.

As a side note, could you PLEASE learn how to capitalize words in a sentence properly? Capitalizing Every Word or Something Very close To That Isn't Proper Whatsoever.

Eliwood said:

[spoiler:f1f56bbb35]
You just died from looking at this[/spoiler:f1f56bbb35]

LOL LOL LOL

Cue said:
I'm sorry, I didn't know this was HDIJ?

Spazzo said:
Eliwood, shut up, for the love of god. This isn't HDiJ.

As a side note, could you PLEASE learn how to capitalize words in a sentence properly? Capitalizing Every Word or Something Very close To That Isn't Proper Whatsoever.

I do this every Time? I do? I Could've sworn I'd only do this if I was wanting to be a Smart Ass...Not because this isn't HDIJ, In Fact, I hardly Ever do this, I would really like to see at least 5 posts where I do this exact Type of Thing, please...tell me.

...I don't even know what to say here. Either you're mocking me, or you seriously need to revisit basic grammar and sentence structure. Your response was absolutely PITIFUL.

Either way, enjoy your year off.

Torgo said:
APNGs aren't supported in IE6, or maybe even 7 or 8. I really think that we shouldn't go that route.

You're actually wrong here. aPNGs are supported in those. Without the animation. The point behind aPNG was that it's backwards-compatible with PNG. You only see the first frame, but you still see something.

Torgo said:
APNGs aren't supported in IE6, or maybe even 7 or 8. I really think that we shouldn't go that route.
And there are less than 256 colours (minus anti-aliasing) on the Mystic header anyway, so you might as well just go for the GIF.

Spazzo said:
...I don't even know what to say here. Either you're mocking me, or you seriously need to revisit basic grammar and sentence structure. Your response was absolutely PITIFUL.

Either way, enjoy your year off.
Ah, what a shame.

I dunno' but I think HDiJ screwed a lot of people up. And honestly.... Who takes General Discussion as HDiJ?

I'll Begin said:
Torgo said:
And there are less than 256 colours (minus anti-aliasing) on the Mystic header anyway, so you might as well just go for the GIF.
Ah, but if no one uses it, then support won't be added for other browsers. If more people use it, those using the browsers without it will eventually complain. Or use the good browsers that support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back