• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Locking controls and unlocking them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get a feature in a character i'm working on (it's for personal use) where the controls are locked upon spawning or starting a stage and require inputting a command in the console to unlock them. But after trying many things i haven't been able to get it working properly, since it either reloads the control lock for each frame, doesn't apply the control lock at all, or just doesn't do anything. How could i get it to work properly?

You can try applying the PF_FULLSTASIS player flag on the player, making the character ignore all movement buttons.

You can try applying the PF_FULLSTASIS player flag on the player, making the character ignore all movement buttons.

Hmm... interesting... i didn't know that. I'll try it right away.

And about wanting to lock the controls... this character will be used as my last option in races, and the person i'm going to challenge will eventually want to use the character as well, so, to avoid that (i'm sure he won't be able to control it properly anyway) i decided to apply the control lock and a password so he can't copy my choice. (Actually, he will be going with Metal Knuckles which is pretty fast and glides even faster). So that's why i need to put a password command to unlock the controls as well.

the person i'm going to challenge will eventually want to use the character as well, so, to avoid that i decided to apply the control lock and a password

Just saying, but you know that any person can open a .wad file with the right software, and have the password cracked, right?
That kind of makes the password system pretty useless.

This sounds very silly actually, if you make a character only you can use... don't you think that's counter-intuitive to what making a character is for? People will open the wad themselves to play with said character, if you want to be fair in a race, just add JumpThok.lua to hinder Sonic's thok, or if you have FSonic as a character, add Flare to rival him. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back