• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Permanent weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

amperbee

thunderdome denizen
(Note: I can't post it anywhere but here)

Have you wanted to use ring weapons in singleplayer/coop?
Have you wanted to never run out of rings while using these weapons?
Do you want to never lose them?
Misc question: Possibly you want to create mayhem on match forcing everyone to make a mess spamming grenades everywhere in a confined space like GFZ3?

Then this does the trick!

This modification lets the admin use a command to set permanent weapons.
What are permanent weapons and what they do?
Well, permanent weapons are self-descriptive:
You always have them.
You cannot lose them by being hit.
You cannot run out of ammo!
You can use this in coop/singleplayer too!
And even if you die, when you respawn you have these again!
And the best part of it: These doesn't use your rings! So basically you can spam grenades without having fear of dying! (unless you get hit)

However, as normal, you must have at least 1 ring to use the weapons.

How to use the command:
The command that does this is "permguns".

When used alone, it gives a quick explanation for the command, but it isn't enough useful information. There's the explanation:

permguns_zps681ad0ad.png

As you can see, the command takes six arguments: Whether if you want the automatic, bounce, scatter, grenade, bomb or rail rings.

If you want to have infinite rings for a certain gun, you would type "1" as the argument for that weapon, and if you don't want it, you type "0". No quotes please.

If you, for example, wanted to have infinite automatic and rail rings, you would use
permguns 1 0 0 0 0 1
and voila: The other guns won't be permanent but the automatic and rail rings!

Remember, as for yet, if a gun isn't permanent, it is rendered unobtainable: If only automatic rings are permanent, don't bother grabbing the other weapon rings (infinity rings, however, can be obtained) because it will be removed from your hotbar as soon as it is grabbed.

So yea, that was the quick explanation.
I can't capture movies properly so all I have are screenshots.
srb20009_zps34abfba1.png

srb20007_zpsec256033.png

srb20004_zps80cc0c08.png

srb20003_zps1bfc7939.png

srb20001_zps9ccb52e8.png

ToDo:
Make a CVar to let people grab non-permanent weapons.

As I cannot upload attachments, I cannot post in releases and I do not have another method to show you my creation, have this link instead:
Moderator Notice:
Snip

Note: Where do I post this if I can't post it in releases? I made the post here, sorry if I couldn't but I want to share this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can actually submit this to the submission section located here, then you'll have to wait until a judge either denies or approves your work and then if they approve it, you'll be all set up on the release section.

But on the thread though, I always wondered if it was possible and turns out, it is! I was actually going to research this whenever I had the time too when I wasn't doing other things. Good luck on getting this released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back