• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sun FOF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz

Advanced FOFing Concepts
I found virtually nothing on the Wiki concerning sloped FOFs and the only wad I've found expressing sloped FOFs was the "Rural" wad. Rural didn't quite cut it when it cam to explaining how they worked, as I found that they were not as straight forward as your typical FOF. Days of tinkering filled with headaches and failures I finally found what what makes them tick! I sought to build a structure that would explain how they function and I accidentally discovered the underlying principals of the FOF system! I decided to illustrate the sloped FOF in natures perfect shape, the sphere.

I thought it was beautiful and I wanted to share:D
60 sloped FOFs and hours of number crunching goodness;
The Sun FOF
lzZJp.png

Last edited:
Yes, Spherical zone! I remember this when from the level I pack I downloaded. Did you also make the Rural wad, Monster? As for frame rate, it's smooth as silk because the Sun is the only thing on the map. (along with a smaller practice sphere that's just outside the shoot. I think it's hanging above the players head.) I don't know how well it would do in a more complete environment but I have I feeling I'll eventually find out when I make a map akin to Mario Sunshine. I like that game cause' there's actually a Sun hanging in the sky. You can get to it with cheat codes!

That's exactly what I'm talkin' about.

Rural was the only example of sloped FOFs I've ever been able to find and I wonder if a Wiki should be written. I know they can be a little tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back