• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chaos Character WAD (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX

Now 100% less jaded!
PLAYC1.jpg

OKAY! So this is my first ever revamped full-on WAD that is in its Beta stage. I don't have many sprites done, and due to the fact that this is just a Beta sprite, it means it will take MUCH more time to release the final (what, with school and all. >.>). I know it's a skin edit, but I don't care all that much as of right now. Also, I'm trying to give him unique sprites for his thok animation, but that isn't possible (Can't be SOC'd, etc), so I gotta find some way to introduce another set of falling sprites to be used for the thok frames, rather than the original falling sprites (because I'd really rather NOT edit those). Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT:: So nobody makes mistakes, THIS IS A FANCHARACTER I HAVE HAD FOR A FEW YEARS. Kthx. x3

That looks NOTHING like Chaos, who isn't a hedgehog. Chaos is an aquabeast (living water).

Chaos Knux said:
That looks NOTHING like Chaos, who isn't a hedgehog. Chaos is an aquabeast (living water).
-Cough fancharacter cough- It's a fancharacter I've had for a few years.
EDIT:: His full name is "Chaos Rainstorm Aeolus", so you all know. xD

Wow, Chaos Knux, just... wow.

It's a recolor... at least according to SRB2's standards.

A-star said:

Yeah, I know... and from what I've read, they're much looked down upon. I see no further use pushing this on if it's just gonna be a waste of my time. -Sighs.-

xxZeroxx said:
A-star said:

Yeah, I know... and from what I've read, they're much looked down upon. I see no further use pushing this on if it's just gonna be a waste of my time. -Sighs.-
At least you're able to make yours. I have to wait until 1.1 comes out if I want to make my FC :/

sonic260 said:
xxZeroxx said:
A-star said:

At least you're able to make yours. I have to wait until 1.1 comes out if I want to make my FC :/
I might as well just continue what I started. No use scrapping it. But uh, I only have 3 sprites done, and since I'm no good with Paint, compared to the spine style on the front-facing stand sprite, they don't look alike. .w.

The Trick is to make the sprites from SCRATCH. From Drawing and resizing and coloring.

A-star said:
The Trick is to make the sprites from SCRATCH. From Drawing and resizing and coloring.
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm no good at art. You people are really making me wanna scrap this. It's hard to choose. :l I mean, if you can't enjoy it just because it's a RECOLOR, then why should I make it? It was intended for the people that go on here to use it for fun. -Sighs again-

A-star said:
http://netraptor.org/site/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=3&MMN_position=18:18

that's how I learned the basic concepts of Sonic Characters. I grew out of that style got better, and learned how to draw many things.
Oh, HAND drawn. Yeah, I can do that. Quite a few poses, too. ^^;

This is a bit better than the usual recolor, though I would much rather see a character made from scratch.

Ice said:
This is a bit better than the usual recolor, though I would much rather see a character made from scratch.
Yeah, but I'm a WAD nub. 8P Gimme some time and I'll release a from-scratch one. And by time, I dunno how long. 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back