• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

WadMod- A Wad Modification Program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristos

Use WinTex for lump editing. Use WadMod for lump managing!
I made, but didn't finish a wad modification program named: WadMod.
It can:
(1) Change the type of wad. (IWAD,PWAD,SDLL)
(2) Export Raw Lumps, Text, and Bitmaps.
(3) Import Raw Lumps and Text.
(4) Find a lump in the list.
(5) Rename and Delete lumps.
(6) Shift lumps in the directory up or down.
To download WadMod:
http://www.freewebs.com/treefrog/WadMod.zip
Questions? Comments? Reply!

Lumpmod is for command-line whores (*decked*), although it can be a lot more user friendly than Wintex or XWE. I'll give this a try and see how it is.

Hey! Don't bash the command line. Tell me a fast way to change srb2.srb to srb2.wad and i will show the MS-DOS command prompt

Now what's that supposed to mean?

I don't know what you're getting at, but to change srb2.srb to srb2.wad, just rename srb2.srb.

I don't think he knows what he's getting at. But I know what I'm getting at, and that is that the command line is just inconvenient for things like wad editing. Quite far from bashing it, I'd say. Let's not turn this into an argument, back to the topic at hand.

Geez, never miss a chance to disagree with a441, do you, Tets? Obviously you aren't a fan of the command line, but that doesn't mean you have to be an ass and tell me I'm wrong for having different preferences.

I can't get WadMod to run (it doesn't do anything when launched, and its process isn't running). What was it made in, and is there any chance you'll release source?

Damn, a441. When did I mention you in my post? I never said ANYONE was wrong about ANYTHING.

Tets said:
Let's not turn this into an argument ...

With that aside, I'm having the same problem. Sounds like a promising piece of software, but it's refusing to do anything for me.

What I meant is, that i can't change file extensions in Windows, so I use the MS-DOS prompt. I also use the prompt for file copy/moving/deleting/renaming, because i'm faster with it. So maybe I am a command line whore, so what?

Why not just use XWE instead of makin' your own? Oh, how would I make a wad thingy in VB?

"Hotdog003, why did you just dis your question?"

Hey

I never really looked much at XWE. Anyway, it was fun and is a windows program compiled with MinGW. Do you have XP perhaps??? Please folks state whether you have XP and the like or 98 and below and whether or not it works. That may help. Sorry 'bout it not working. Hey, the colormap representation looks cool, but I don't think that's actually what a colormap is.;) The source will probably come in the next release. :mrgreen:

I use XP and WadMod won't start. I've compiled programs with MinGW before, including LumpMod and a small GUI program using wxWindows.

Wadmod has been updated. It might now work with XP.
Oh, a441. I didn't mean to copy your program name. Sorry :oops: .
By the way, I like command lines! After years of point and click, I've been happy to make the change from mouse to keyboard. When I used The Games Factory, I really wore the mouse down! I had at least 200 unfinished projects and small do-dads and probably about 2 finished programs! :eek: Off topic, but interesting nonetheless. I now have about 10 current projects, TGF being dropped. Improvement? Indeed!

Yea...

Wintex and XWE do a good enough job. WadMod tries, but can only add pictures and text. I forgot to release the source! :eek: Redownload if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back