SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 05-28-2016   #1
-CG7244-
"Welcome to my Schoolhouse"

Default Carlos learns Anti-Aliasing

Hello guys, im working on a mod called Shouriken team X (The Story of a Galactic Warrior). So im working on the enemies first, this is called RB FLOAT-R1:

So how it looks?.
Old 05-28-2016   #2
Potatosack
funyn menme

It looks exceedingly boring I guess would be an answer. Make it less bland?

That aside, the AA on the upper corner-ish areas looks more like pillow shading, so maybe try experimenting with that
Potatosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016   #3
Terra
Needy child

You could add on some more details (spikes, robotic parts, screws, whatever) and have some sort of highlight toward the top of the sprite and also lessen the AA. You could also make the feet look a little less like two rectangles, perhaps you could round them out a little more. Otherwise, it's not a bad start.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016   #4
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Ahhhh, well, Team X contain me, because I created for Team X, but It's nice too, good job
Old 05-28-2016   #5
Zero_the_artificial
A Weavile Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosGamer72 View Post
Hello guys, im working on a mod called Shouriken team X (The Story of a Galactic Warrior). So im working on the enemies first, this is called RB FLOAT-R1:
*pic*
So how it looks?.
Well, at least you're learning how to shade. I like it, but it's a bit too simplistic. I'd suggest adding things to its body, like a jetpack. It IS named RB FLOAT-R1, so you can base something out of that.
Old 05-28-2016   #6
-CG7244-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
You could add on some more details (spikes, robotic parts, screws, whatever) and have some sort of highlight toward the top of the sprite and also lessen the AA. You could also make the feet look a little less like two rectangles, perhaps you could round them out a little more. Otherwise, it's not a bad start.
1- Ok i will try to make more details.
2- Thats not a feet, its the propellers (looks like simple, so sorry for that XD)
3- Lessen the AA? what do u mean with that?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_the_artificial View Post
Well, at least you're learning how to shade. I like it, but it's a bit too simplistic. I'd suggest adding things to its body, like a jetpack. It IS named RB FLOAT-R1, so you can base something out of that.
Nice idea. I will try to do that.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

So, i updated the robot with the recommendations that you told me guys, i think it looks better than the simple one:

And also, this is my workshop:

Last edited by -CG7244-; 05-28-2016 at 07:18 PM.
-CG7244- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016   #7
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosGamer72 View Post
3- Lessen the AA? what do u mean with that?
What I meant was to make the AA less prominent on the top of the sprite to prevent it from looking like pillow shading, as one other user mentioned. From the sprite you just posted, it's definitely looking much better, but I think there is too much AA at the top.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016   #8
-CG7244-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
What I meant was to make the AA less prominent on the top of the sprite to prevent it from looking like pillow shading, as one other user mentioned. From the sprite you just posted, it's definitely looking much better, but I think there is too much AA at the top.
Yeah, i think i exceeded with the AA at the top of the sprite, i'll put less AA at the top of the sprite.

Last edited by -CG7244-; 05-28-2016 at 07:40 PM.
-CG7244- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016   #9
Fres
oof

It definitely looks better now. The shading could still use a bit of work in my opinion, but other than that, it's rather nice.
Fres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #10
-CG7244-

Well, i learned something of LUA, i have done that if the player presses BT_CUSTOM1, the player plays a sound (in this case sfx_ngskid), but the problem is that if i keep pressed, the sound is repeated several times. How I can make the sound is played once?

Screenshot:

I need an explication.

PD: Damn it idk how to do a "code" square in the reply XD.
Old 06-10-2016   #11
Potatosack
funyn menme

Try to detect if the button was being pressed the previous frame before playing the sound
Potatosack is offline   Reply With Quote