SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives > Bug Reports (2.1.X)

Old 05-25-2016   #1
Terra
Needy child

Default Pipe Towers Bouncing Bug(?)

Spoiler: kinda large gif

In Pipe Towers, when bouncing on one of these mushroom things you will stop, no matter how high you have bounced, if you land a bit too much off the center.

Last edited by toaster; 06-25-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2016   #2
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

This is a really sad bug with a long history.

You know how sometimes when you're going through the DSZ2 block maze and sometimes you completely phase through one of the blocks? That was actually an attempted hotfix for an earlier incarnation, where going through it randomly killed all your momentum because it detected a wall but not a breakable FOF responsible for it.

These edge cases (har di har har) are a pain, and they've been around for a long time. Hopefully they CAN be fixed but I have heard a lot about how difficult that would likely be.
Old 06-08-2016   #3
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

I wonder how many times this broken code was copypasted around the source

This appears to be fixed, but I won't mark the thread until this is merge-accepted. The mushrooms don't make noises when you bounce on their edges, but that's handled in an entirely different part of the code so. If you know how to compile .exe's maybe you can give testing this out a shot? I'd upload my own, but I don't have a filehost of my own and all free filehosts for non-image-formats are terrible, forever.
Old 06-09-2016   #4
AlamGBC
WOO! GO ME! YAHOO!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

I wonder how many times this broken code was copypasted around the source

This appears to be fixed, but I won't mark the thread until this is merge-accepted. The mushrooms don't make noises when you bounce on their edges, but that's handled in an entirely different part of the code so. If you know how to compile .exe's maybe you can give testing this out a shot? I'd upload my own, but I don't have a filehost of my own and all free filehosts for non-image-formats are terrible, forever.
the Appveyor built-bot hosts 7z archive of Win32 EXEs, here!

3DS FC: 0473-7778-0919