SRB2 Heroes (Real superpower of TEAMWORK!)

Thank YOU! This kind of comments put a smile on my face. I am so glad you love the mod. Watch out for my Sonic 06 mod, stages will be similar (in design) to the Heroes mod :D

2006? That would be a dream coming true. Poor 2006, game with huge potential. The last "Adventure-like" I AM hyped for Your new release.

The Forest level is wonderful. You have cool ideas for level design. I love your SRB2 version of Sonic games. But I would like to see an original idea, after the cumulative experience you get for making Sadx, Heroes and 2006. I do not want to say to you what you should do. It is just that I trust your abilities and want to see more of your creations. Extremely hyped for your interpretation of 06.

The Forest level is wonderful. You have cool ideas for level design. I love your SRB2 version of Sonic games. But I would like to see an original idea, after the cumulative experience you get for making Sadx, Heroes and 2006. I do not want to say to you what you should do. It is just that I trust your abilities and want to see more of your creations. Extremely hyped for your interpretation of 06.

Thanks so much!! And yes, I think I should make a 100% original mod too... but oh well... maybe next time. For some reason Im always more inspired to do level packs based on Sonic games.

Well, it's all up to you of course, the way you make mods inspired of sonic games is amazing and I hope you'll continue to do it, of course making your own whole mod requires a lot of job but we'll be proud if you'll do it :3

So there's a really big bug still in this game that I don't know has been brought up before. Noticed it months ago but figured it was only cropping up because I was playing outdated releases in OpenGL mode, but yesterday I tried playing V3 with Software rendering and the issue still occurred.

The springs contained in boxes aren't working correctly in the game any longer in the newest versions of SRB2. When you press a switch or kill all enemies to open the top of the translucent boxes, the spring falls right into the ground and become impossible to interact with. You can even see the spring inside of the ground in software rendering.

http://imgur.com/AYignnE

I could still beat the game, at least on V2, thanks to abuse of Tail's flight and Knuckle's glide, but its tricky and obviously not intended.

For the record, I was using no other WADs or SOC files while running this level pack, and my SRB2 version is 2.1.18

After completing the game I can say that this mod is AMAZING. The levels are great fun with interesting gimmicks (the frogs in FJZ and the gliders in RSZ and EFZ come to mind) and the teams were fun to play as. One complaint I do have is that the power characters kinda fail at being better at combat than speed or fly characters. All enemies can be taken out easily and better with speed characters than power characters. I essentially used speed for combat and to get a move on, fly for tricky platforming, and power for regular platforming and to take shortcuts for some of the harder sections. Other than that I LOVED playing through this and I wanna 100% the game after beating the game with Team Dark.

Last edited:
Yeah that spring bug is frustrating, but at least you can use the fly character to go up...

And thanks ProtoBlur! Glad you had fun. Yes, combat is lacking in the mod, and in SRB2 in general. Power characters are used more for climbing and breaking boxes here.

Hm, I'll check out this spring bug perhaps. It does sound strange indeed.

On another note you may want to remove the message saying to use this level pack in OpenGL, my fix for those levels' crashes has been in SRB2 since a few patches ago now.

Right, regarding the spring bug, it appears the top of the box (a plain solid translucent FOF) is pushing the spring underground... as a workaround, I'd suggest either using the "intangible from bottom" translucent FOF type instead (to allow the spring to get on top from underneath), or else checking the "Slope Skew" flag (to make it intangible to the spring but not to you)?

This is regarding the spring-in-box in Rail Station at least, if there are any springs inside boxes besides that one in the level pack.

Last edited:
Good idea, it works now!

I will edit the others and then upload the fixed version

EDIT: Okay people, please tell me if Im missing any springs bugs (or bugs at all):
- 2 in Rail Station
- 1 in Frog Jungle (Emerald)
- 2 in Egg Fortress

Last edited:
This is amazing. I had an idea to create something like this, but you made it happen, thank you for giving me a mod that is absolutely enjoyable!

You know, something that would be nice, would be if instead of using some of SRB2's sprite names for new objects (to provide a list, CACT, CRL1-3, XMS1-3, and BSZ1-3), would be if you were to use new names for those instead, which could ease compatibility with any model packs that exist.

Probably won't happen, but I figure I might as well ask.

Edit: while not really relevant to /this mod/, I notice you do a similar thing with your 06 mod. So... yeah.

Last edited:
It may be a bit late, but I just wanted to say that this is awesome! For someone who hasn't played the original Heroes (I can't) This is really entertaining, i'm having so much fun playing as Team Chaotix and finding all the emeralds!, great mod and my favorite so far!.

Though, if somebody could help me, i'm stuck in Mystic Castle, in the 3 power split part, for some reason the teleporters just don't work, as shown in the images i'm playing in OpenGL mod with Jeck's MD2s, i don't know if that has something to do with it.
2igkw3k.png

ezofna.png

I would really like to finish it in single player, and it would also be cool to know how can i make a custom team, still, amazing job!

Last edited:
in the 3 power split part, for some reason the teleporters just don't work, as shown in the images i'm playing in OpenGL mod with Jeck's MD2s, i don't know if that has something to do with it.
2igkw3k.png

ezofna.png

I believe these teleporters broke due to an SRB2 update since it still happens when hosting it, so everyone would get to that spot and the host would have to exitlevel.
srb20379.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back