ANALOG VS normal srb2 control

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:Ok seeing as a greater majority of the srb2mb members dislike analog, do they also dislike srb2 with modern sonic gameplay?
I don't know if the majority dislikes modern Sonic gameplay, but it's certainly the most loudly voiced opinion. The reason why many people are here in the first place is because SRB2 tries to be different from the games that are currently passed off as Sonic titles.

First off, I wouldn't edit new questions into the OP after so much discussion on the old questions has already transpired.
Agreed. Probably should have started a new thread or at least mentioned it in the post you made saying you changed the subject.

EDIT:Ok seeing as a greater majority of the srb2mb members dislike analog, do they also dislike srb2 with modern sonic gameplay?
I like most of the classic gameplay now when it comes to srb2 however I also like the some modern actions put into the gameplay, e.g. Speedpads! :)
I may not be the best to comment on this point as my experience with "modern" Sonic gameplay outside of the Sonic Adventure titles on Dreamcast pretty much lies solely with Sonic Generations. SRB2 doesn't play similarly to Generations at all, so I wouldn't say it really has modern Sonic elements.

Speedpads conceptually existed in the classic titles too, they were just in the form of a belt or horizontal spring rather than a belt on the ground. While it would be neat to see some modern elements like hub worlds or Chao gardens in SRB2's engine, I would say it be better off for a mod rather than the main game. The way the main game is designed, I don't think it would fit well.

We had speed pads in Chemical Plant, Wing Fortress, Stardust Speedway, Hydrocity, Launch Base, and Flying Battery. Man I think I may even be missing some. They're not all in the form of a belt on the floor, but they perform the same job.

Last edited:
I don't know if the majority dislikes modern Sonic gameplay, but it's certainly the most loudly voiced opinion. The reason why many people are here in the first place is because SRB2 tries to be different from the games that are currently passed off as Sonic titles.

I personally enjoyed most modern games, but I feel SRB2 delivers something no Sonic game has delivered from the classic ones. It´s also one of the few 3D Sonic fangames that actually has a chance of being completed, as many others have come and gone meanwhile.

Even if some people argue the engine used in SRB2 is old, no slopes or loopings, etc, it´s actually quite mastered by the level designers, so levels like Egg Rock Zone are AAA quality. I can´t get that experience on any modern Sonic game, and there isn´t a single 3D fangame which such awesome levels.

So yeah, SRB2 is quite unique. As a Sonic game, as a 3D game, and as a fangame. I love it.

As for me, normal gameplay control looks better than analog, because it can be more comfortable for some shooter players. I always use keyboard to move and strafe and mouse to steer and look around (I used keyboard only before in 2011).

Agreed. Probably should have started a new thread or at least mentioned it in the post you made saying you changed the subject.
I almost forgot about this so I'll keep this thread as the original analog vs normal srb2 control and I'll make a new thread modern sonic gameplay vs classic gameplay in srb2.
Sorry for the confusion guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back