[SRB2WB] Interface screwep up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
Okay, I give up; I'm stuck.

In short: I screwed up SRB2 Workbench. I started to close and open windows, trying to drag and dock some toolbars... that's what I get:

I uninstalled SRB2WB, installed it over. Seems there's no way to fix it.

You use workbench? Everything is better on Doom Builder... >_>
Why don't you try editing your map in Doom Builder?

Hate to have to butt in, but guys, this isn't a popularity contest. They're both highly competent tools and everybody has the right to choose which one they want to use.

As for fixing the problem, I can only imagine that stuff in the registry isn't being deleted when you uninstall the program. What I'd advise would be looking for all the entries pertaining to the program and deleting them, then letting the program install anew, or just wait until uncle Oogaland gets home and fixes everything. :)

Hate to have to butt in, but guys, this isn't a popularity contest. They're both highly competent tools and everybody has the right to choose which one they want to use.

It isn't a popularity contest. SRB2DB just works much better than Workbench.

That is an opinion. You really don't need to tell him "lol SRB2WB is terrible, SRB2DB is better" it doesn't help with his problem. As Neo said, both are prefectly fine programs. We don't need to get into a level builder war here. Either try to help him out, or don't say anything.

(I feel like killing some SRB2WB haters... >_>)

I DO use SRB2DB to make my maps. Officially D:<

But, since I have SRB2WB installed here (as tester) and I'm falling in love at Oogaland's masterpiece (...and I broke it), I wanted someone to help me on it.

Well, SRB2WB has nicer features, like map preview, "un-merge" sectors (very handy, I used it today), capable of opening multiple maps, and a pretty interface. Besides, it's just a tool in development; when Oogaland finishes it, it'll be awesome.

That's it.

Last edited:
Alright, here's what I'd do anyway:

First, Back up any important files you downloaded/created/etc. from that day and later.

Second, go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System restore and restore your computer to the day right before that happened.

Hope this helps... If it doesn't, you're probably gonna have to use a later version or something.

How about just clicking on "view" in the menubar and hide everything, then show them again? That happened to me before, and that seemed to fix it.

Well then, I guess you're gonna have to take it up to Oogaland himself. I wouldn't recommend going into regedit. It's how I lost Windows Movie Maker. ;_;

Sidenote: Everything is NOT better in DB. I tried out workbench, and I'm confident that once it becomes more stable, has more features, and is geared towards 2.0 that it will be the SRB2DB of now. (popularity-wise)

Try toggling the toolbars' visibilities from the View menu. Failing that, delete workbench.cfg from %APPDATA%\SRB2 Workbench (or even just the window{} block therein).

Why does Srb2WB run in OpenGl my computer's opengl isn't working right now any way to fix this because I rather use Srb2Wb then Srb2db.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back