• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

LE Axi Texture Packo (in developing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! It's me! DAT red guy AGAIN! So... Look... Here... I am in developing a Texture pack for SRB2.

Here some skies.

1. Azure Lake Retextured

Im walking on sunshine!
Azure_Lake_texture1.png

Moonlight!
Azure_Lake_texture2.png

Hey! Where is that song? (is rainy here) :'(
Azure_Lake_texture3.png

More to come! Opinions? :3

Last edited:
While this is a good idea, it'd be nice to see a bit more variety and make it seem less like each one's an individual palette edit. For starters, I'm assuming the "moonlight" sky's supposed to be a view of the lake during the nighttime; if that's the case, why are the clouds so visible?

As for the third sky, I'm kind of lost with what you're trying to do. Is it supposed to be a gloomy, rainy day? If so, I'd suggest making it a bit more cloudier. And is it me, or is the color choice for the reflection of the "white" part of the mountains out-of-place? Was that evident in Azure Lake's actual sky? Someone refresh my memory.

This is still a neat little concept, just make it a little bit more unique.

Winter Brezeeeeeee!!
Azure_Lake_texture4.png

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Life!
Custom_City_Sky1.png

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

The Ice Fest!

Ice_Texture1.png

Ice_Texture4.png

Ice_Texture2.png

Ice_Texture3.png

Feel like space?

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Well, I like the stars, but I'm unsure about the mountains' coloring. Can we see how your skies look in actual levels?

You will see soon.

Winter Brezeeeeeee!!
Azure_Lake_texture4.png

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Life!
Custom_City_Sky1.png

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

The Ice Fest!

Ice_Texture1.png

Ice_Texture4.png

Ice_Texture2.png

Ice_Texture3.png

Feel like space?

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

You will see soon.
That first one needs more shading in the snow. I mean, the top bit of now is literally a blob of white, and the bottom one doesn't cover all the grass.
The second one is a bit too blue. I mean, the sky and planets, okay, but the city and ground are blue as well, so it ends up looking weird. Better than anything I could draw by scratch. Is this a recolor too, or is it from scratch, btw?
The remaining ones look like crystals, and actually look the best of all of your skies so far to me. Are these recolors?

That first one needs more shading in the snow. I mean, the top bit of now is literally a blob of white, and the bottom one doesn't cover all the grass.
The second one is a bit too blue. I mean, the sky and planets, okay, but the city and ground are blue as well, so it ends up looking weird. Better than anything I could draw by scratch. Is this a recolor too, or is it from scratch, btw?
The remaining ones look like crystals, and actually look the best of all of your skies so far to me. Are these recolors?

recorlors and modifications in crystals. In paint.net and photoshop. I know the snow sky sucks, The utopic city is good but, I wanted to make the city gray, not blue.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Live like an angel!

Celestial_Sky1.png

Celestial_Sky2.png

This sky is better than original. (my opinion)

Last edited:
Perhaps it would be better if we got some custom made skies. The past couple of posts have been recolo(u)rs of srb2 skies and whatnot. Isn't very creative in my opinion. I do however wish you luck in your conquest to make a texture pack.

Perhaps it would be better if we got some custom made skies. The past couple of posts have been recolo(u)rs of srb2 skies and whatnot. Isn't very creative in my opinion. I do however wish you luck in your conquest to make a texture pack.

^This. I was going to say something like it but my crappy home computer didn't want to connect to the internet.

This is a concept. Yeah. I'm working on other textures but, textures isn't only made with your hand. It can be recolors, editing and more. :(

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Here is a Grass by me (will be in texture pack)

Grass.png

Your night Techno Hill Zone sky is really lacking any shading that makes it feel like a night sky. Take a look at Techno Hill Zone Act 2's night sky and it's really defined.

There is basically nothing here yet to justify making a topic over, and nothing to really comment on either. Palette swaps are as easy as hue-shifting then letting XWE fit into the palette for you, or using the Color Exchange tool in GIMP to do that manually. Anybody could do this in five minutes with either method.

So, needless to say, I was a little disappointed to see a texture pack thread with no original drawn textures. You don't even have to be a digital painter to do that, the Internet is exploding with free stock art that you can mold into whatever you want with a bit of quick, dirty Photoshop magic, and dithering.

There is basically nothing here yet to justify making a topic over, and nothing to really comment on either. Palette swaps are as easy as hue-shifting then letting XWE fit into the palette for you, or using the Color Exchange tool in GIMP to do that manually. Anybody could do this in five minutes with either method.

So, needless to say, I was a little disappointed to see a texture pack thread with no original drawn textures. You don't even have to be a digital painter to do that, the Internet is exploding with free stock art that you can mold into whatever you want with a bit of quick, dirty Photoshop magic, and dithering.

in this texture pack will not be only recolours. Will be more textures by me. But... is a concept.

I used to be overeager to share things online, like you. Then I learned my lesson the hard way. Even for things like this, you need something more substantial to show than a line of palettes. That's not much different from announcing a fan game with only a logo to show for it.

Sometimes people around here can be too hard with their criticism, honestly, but when you make yourself a moving target for dissension this way, that's a whole other ballgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back