SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Flux Satellite Zone (Generations Remake) Details »»
Flux Satellite Zone (Generations Remake)
Version: 1.0 (Beta, Possibly Unfinished), by 742mph (My work is never done yet) 742mph is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (6 votes - 2.50 average)
Released: 08-04-2011 Last Update: 08-05-2011 Installs: 2
Characters Single Player Levels SOCs Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

I present to you: Flux Satellite Zone!

No, not the crappy multiplayer level. The slightly less crappy single-player level. After being released for about a week exclusively on #srb2fun, this frenized path-split-fest of a level makes its not-so-triumphant appearance on the MB. Created to celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary, Flux Satellite Zone features two plyable characters besides Tails and Knuckles, Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic, each with their own gameplay styles and paths throughout the level.

Fans of platforming should choose Classic Sonic, who rarely runs for long periods of time and instead focuses on precision jumping and rarely-used control techniques to complete his section. Modern Sonic, on the other hand, adds some speed to his gameplay as well, making his section a hectic mix-up of 3D and 2.5D platforming, as well as 3D running and speed-pad sections.

The level was designed to be of high difficulty and may be making an appearance as the final level of an upcoming level pack. Many death hazards are involved, and falling out of the satellite and down to Earth will kill you instantly. Even worse is the prospect of falling out while under reverse gravity, which will of course cause you to fall away from the planet and become lost in space forever, repelled by even the tiniest speck of positive matter and never able to find anything to call your own... at least until you respawn at the nearest checkpoint. You did remember to touch it, right? I'm going to have to pay for your funeral if you didn't, and that's going to do serious damage to me considering the state of the economy right now.

As always, constructive criticism is welcomed. I would very much like to hear from you about what you think of the level, particularly its difficulty and by extension where it should be placed in my level pack, harder being towards the end. Thank you and enjoy.

(Oh, and if you can guess what the boss music is a remix of, then you get a cookie. A big one, with extra chocolate chips.)

(Some sprites by Blade. Used with permission.)

Screenshots:

Oh, and if you see anything suspicious, like discolored sections of the floor or computer screens showing strange messages, there's nothing to be worried about. I promise.

Download Now

File Type: zip scr_fluxsatellite.zip (2.93 MB, 1074 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 08-25-2011   #42
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

I don't get how this got accepted into the Releases section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
4. Make sure your submission is fun! [...] Don't submit your first creation [...]
Old 08-25-2011   #43
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
Flamer
Chaw-haw-haw.
Old 08-25-2011   #44
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
*rulequote*
  1. It's not his first creation. And even if it was, as long as it is otherwise acceptable, it doesn't matter. It's just that first creation rarely if ever are acceptable.
  2. Let's say for a minute that nothing about this is fun (which I disagree with). That doesn't yet mean that it will be trashed as long as it's not unplayably broken and it's clearly evident that he tried to make it fun.
  3. This is our job, not yours. For the record, saying something along the lines of "how could anyone in their right mind accept this?" is one of the most effective ways to piss me off. It's okay to point out if something is clearly not acceptable for release (for example, a critical bug that we missed), but even then, be civil about it instead of questioning our common sense. In borderline cases (and this isn't even a borderline case), it's usually best not to say anything because we assure you that it was carefully considered. And if you want to quote the rules, make sure you actually understood what they mean.
Old 08-25-2011   #45
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

I stand corrected.
Old 08-25-2011   #46
James1996

I think this is cool. Hard, but cool.
Old 08-27-2011   #47
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev

It's laggy, it's plain, its uninspired, it's boring, has no exploration, full of invisible walls, and full of egg-mobiles. There, I summed up what D00D said for you since apparently you don't like "exaggerations" that actually go in-depth in order to actually help you improve.

Last edited by VelocitOni; 08-27-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2011   #48
Charybdizs
Playing your heartstrings
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
its uninspired
Everything you said, but this. Obviously Andrew here was inspired, and had ideas. The fact is, he just didn't know to implement them well. A better example of uninspired would be one of the many first level Greenflower clones sitting in Releases.
Old 08-28-2011   #49
*Thunder_Girl*

I think its a nice level. =P
Old 08-28-2011   #50
742mph
My work is never done yet

First of all, Iceman, I get the point of what D00D64 was trying to tell me. You don't have to repeat it. Also, Charybdizs, I would prefer it if you didn't call me by my real name outside of IRC. Thank you.
Old 08-28-2011   #51
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
First of all, Iceman, I get the point of what D00D64 was trying to tell me.
Really, because it looks more like you denounced it as destructive arguing and went on.

Last edited by VelocitOni; 08-29-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-28-2011   #52
742mph

*sigh* This isn't a point that I feel is worth arguing with you. Let's just drop it and move on, shall we?
Old 08-29-2011   #53
Charybdizs
Playing your heartstrings
Judge

Quote:
Also, Charybdizs, I would prefer it if you didn't call me by my real name outside of IRC. Thank you.
That's one wish I can grant. Sorry about that though, it was hardly intentional. When I think of you, I just think of you by that name.
Old 08-29-2011   #54
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
*sigh* This isn't a point that I feel is worth arguing with you. Let's just drop it and move on, shall we?
Okay, then let's come back to the flaws in this level. Are you gonna fix them?
Old 08-29-2011   #55
742mph

I'm not sure if I'll have the time now that school's starting back up. Besides, I'm using the time I do have to work on a few other things that will hopefully come out better than this. Also, most of the flaws described by D00D64 and others require changing the basic design of the level, which is very hard to do without tearing the whole thing down first. I'll fix the flaws that don't require that and perhaps get around to revamping the entire thing eventually.
Old 09-02-2011   #56
Mark2345

Quote:
Ah, that makes sense. I've had some homing attack glitches in SRB2CB as well.
I believe the homing attack in SRB2CB is broken. I looked at some of the comments and tried out ah-sonic.wad on it and it just stayed in place, just stuck in the air for some time.