Suggestions

I think a good feature to add if it's not done already would be the ability to adjust how fast the camera rotates and to be able use the mouse/controller's axis to rotate it.

I play with a DS4 with analog mode on and it's made the game that much easier for me. However, there's no option to bind the camera to my right stick so I'm left with having to bind my left and right bumpers to rotate the camera left and right respectively. It's really rather frustrating when you're fighting a boss and you can't look behind you fast enough to avoid his attacks because of how slowly the camera rotates, especially in DSZ3.

A feature like this could remedy that issue for players who prefer to use their controller for gameplay, so that's my suggestion.

While the lack of controller support for turning the camera is still present, you can use the command "cam_speed" to adjust the speed.

Any particular reason why you want this? The effort to make this compartmentalised would be much more than the effort required to draw your signpost/life box icons at normal size and then scale 200% with no filtering.

Unless hires allows for non-integer scalings..?

Any particular reason why you want this? The effort to make this compartmentalised would be much more than the effort required to draw your signpost/life box icons at normal size and then scale 200% with no filtering.

Unless hires allows for non-integer scalings..?
I never thought of that.

Well, shit, okay. Let me... uh...

...I'll let you know whether this is possible once I've finished poking around in this stuff. You might have to make a Lua script to use normal scale icons and images for now.

Uh oh yeah I might as well throw this here; make it so Lua can disable the default Match HUD (weapon rings etc), or even make something that would allow characters to have their own custom weapons and whatnot.

Custom weapons is probably a no unless Mystic finally realises after all these years that Match is so terrible that we need character specific weapons implemented as part of the default experience to reinvent it sufficiently, but I'm shocked Match HUD isn't already disableableable. I'll look into THAT right now.

So as many(?) others, I'd like to request a function that can be used in Lua to set the music volume to a multiple of the volume that's set in the options/console. But I could also see it being used in vanilla SRB2, which is where this suggestion differs a bit from the rest of those basically only asking for the Lua volume function.

Perhaps you could make it so the 1-up jingle doesn't change the music, and just plays a sound (like with "Use1UpSound = true" in the MainCfg) instead, where "Use1UpSound = true" has the same effect as currently, but "Use1UpSound = false" uses that music volume function to mute the music for "ExtraLifeTics" amount of tics, plays the 1-up sound effect rather than music track, then raises the volume back to 100% of the user's set volume over maybe the 20 ticks after "ExtraLifeTics" ends?
This way, the music won't start over and such after extra lives, without needing a "play music at X time" function, while additionally allowing Lua scripters to alter the music volume as they want (as long as it's within 0 and whatever you will put as 100% (probably 1*FracUnit)). Could possibly be extended to speed shoes/invincibility as well if proven successful.
Note that editing the "DigMusicVolume" console variable changes the volume of music without starting it over, so it is possible to change the volume in sort of the same way without too much coding needed.

Not rediculous, It would be helpful, I Also suggest some kind of feature that allows SRB2 to check a txt lump (or at least an autoexecuted txt) for translation to allow users to translate the Menus by themselves .

A language option would be pretty thoughtful, but... there wouldn't be many. A majority of SRB2 players that are from countries which don't have English as an official language frequently are Portuguese-, Spanish-, and French-speakers. I wouldn't think about the game having any more than those, simply because there aren't as many other people who speak something else.

SRB2 has incomplete support for GNU gettext library, which allows the game to be translated to another language. So if someone manages to add full support then the game's text could be translated to any language.

Being able to modify the menus with Lua, so it is possible to set up configurations while the game is paused would be a very nice addition.

Another addition, which is perhaps more important, is a way for two lua scripts to be able to interact with each other, without messily shoving code into the player tables, which doesn't necessarily work or make sense when the code does not relate directly with the players?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back