EggRock Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisySniper

This level is amazingly hard, almost just plan out annoying as hell specially sense im playing completely blind makes it trial and error. That the camera never always the best here. Been doing it was Amy(One part where you need to slide I just to switch to tails sense Amy sliding just made it impossible) but I was so close of beating act 2 but game over of course.

Its so frusting so half to guess my jumps lot of times. Im actually in the point of yelling so mad like a damn COD player. I had not much problems with the levels before this cept Rock Egg. Im trying to beat legitmite no emeralds and such. I been doing the offline mode of multiplayer to just skip to it instead of starting over. Only thing I did not legitmite is the 99 lives but no adding (still get a game over twice)

There is supposed to be a zone in between Red Volcano Zone and Egg Rock Zone. The difficulty spike will make more sense once Dark City Zone bridges the gap.

There is supposed to be a zone in between Red Volcano Zone and Egg Rock Zone. The difficulty spike will make more sense once Dark City Zone bridges the gap.

makes sense, with amy some parts I had no choice to switch to tails cause it was impossible for her sense her speed is not high and her slide sucks I never actually rage this hard even Kaizo mario never made me rage like this at least i had save states

Why are you doing this with Amy anyway? She wasn't made for this zone, and she's not part of the official character rotation.

I mean... There was already another topic like this one not too long ago... But I'll put in my input anyway. Egg Rock Zone is not THAT hard. In fact, it should be harder. The problem is that the game is still incomplete and is going to have a PROPER difficulty curve in the future. For the time being however, we are stuck with Egg Rock how it is.

SandyGargantuanKilldeer.gif

I assume you're talking about this section. The vanilla levels only officially support the vanilla characters so you risk issues like this by not using them. For Egg Rock in particular you should probably use Tails until you're familiar with the level.

SandyGargantuanKilldeer.gif

I assume you're talking about this section. The vanilla levels only officially support the vanilla characters so you risk issues like this by not using them. For Egg Rock in particular you should probably use Tails until you're familiar with the level.

I actually did that part that way, second part the platform would not always be timed correctly

Plus this is the only stage I have problems on even act one I did not have that much problems

Plus game logic, "It can be really hard for some people, but easier for others"

I don't like using Tails, then its too easy. Yea I rage but I like when I rage then im having fun cause how difficult it is. I love difficulty. Most of issues of this level just slipping and falling off thats really it for my deaths cause some of the platforms are so damn small. Some parts of this stage specially if your new kinda guessing on where to jump

Man, give me a fucking break. Of course ERZ is easy for you and me, we've been playing SRB2 for years. The zone doesn't need to be made harder just because we have cognitive bias at our disposal.

If I could direct your attention to these two streams:

http://www.twitch.tv/megagwolf/b/511386159

and

http://www.twitch.tv/megagwolf/b/511743855

Hours. Literally hours spent on Egg Rock alone. The amount of sadness and pain that went through this man was astronomical, and I enjoyed the whole ride. But the point is, this thing nearly killed G. And I don't want that. I like G.

I hope nobody expects a new player to spend this much time on three acts. It's the only thing in my opinion that's legitimately wrong with this game, or that I can't deal with. Yes, I could get through here, but that's just me. The likelihood of another player having the same experience and G however, is very low. Why? Because G was determined. Any rational player probably would have ragequit by this point. And in a way, G did too, it's just that he made a vow to complete this nightmarish level. Not many others would do that. Considering SRB2 isn't being marketed as a "true hardcore" game (uh, at least as far as I'm aware), I don't think this kind of difficulty, whether legit or cheap, should exist in the level. I understand it's the last level and all, but what Sonic games have had acts as long as this?

Sonic Colors didn't. Lost World didn't.

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 06 di-- err, bad example.

To clarify the above, MegaGWolf was mostly wiped out by the Metal Sonic race, not Act 1 & 2 (as much).

The game really needs to save right after Act 2. The race is hell for new players. They only have 3 lives to get through all of Egg Rock.

Last edited:
Funny how you all use the term "new players", but I'd think by the time one would reach ERZ the player should already be greatly experienced in terms of gameplay in this game. I know I was. I too like Speedracer2411 find ERZ easy, the only difference between our opinions are that I believe the difficulty is perfect for those who played the game the first time while going through a blind run.

Man, give me a fucking break. Of course ERZ is easy for you and me, we've been playing SRB2 for years. The zone doesn't need to be made harder just because we have cognitive bias at our disposal.

Woah dude. I just gave my opinion on the level itself. If you disagree with me, that's fine... I personally think the zone should be made harder. But obviously more people think the stage should remain the same.

To clarify the above, MegaGWolf was mostly wiped out by the Metal Sonic race, not Act 1 & 2 (as much).

The game really needs to save right after Act 2. The race is hell for new players. They only have 3 lives to get through all of Egg Rock.

Is saving fixed yet im not sure I just been using the multiplayer select for now XD

My skill is about similar as G's weird thing I can play Kaizo Mario and have trouble with this SRB2 act 2 of this stage. Which is rather weird I find it. Act 1 was not that bad to be truthful but act 2 is when I started to get gameovers.

Everyone skill levels are different just the way it is.

Funny how you all use the term "new players", but I'd think by the time one would reach ERZ the player should already be greatly experienced in terms of gameplay in this game. I know I was.

No, the game does not adequately prepare you for Egg Rock and its gauntlet of gimmicks. If you play through the game as Sonic, perhaps (though the MegaGWolf stream shows otherwise) but as someone who first played through 2.0 as Knuckles, and hadn't yet bothered to learn the game properly, I was thoroughly unprepared for ERZ.

I remember playing the first beta of ERZ1, which was on a laggy network game with SSNTains so he could adequately determine what areas needed work, and it looked like THZ in space. So I'm not exactly a new player, but I am a bit rusty and have less time to spend playing games than once had.

For me the difficult part was ERZ3. I played it several times but it is not very forgiving and I didn't have many chances to try it before I had to replay the whole zone. I got to the point where I decided I did not have the time to build up the skill that the level obviously required, and so replayed as Knuckles, farming lives and continues the whole way.

ERZ3 probably shouldn't be deathpit hell. Actually getting to the end in time is enough challenge in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back