Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
http://www.terraria.org/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/

A game inspired by Zelda, Minecraft, and general RPG games. There are two let's plays of it on youtube showcasing the game, and in my opinion, it looks a lot more interesting than Minecraft from what's been shown.

Gameplay Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGo7iMUcxLc&feature=player_embedded

Developer Let's Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udp5ozoYfxM&feature=related

Advertisement let's play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K8PMG42l3M&feature=related

Last edited:
Looks interesting however I am not such a big fan of 2D games like these. That is why I prefer Minecraft. =P

Personally, I wouldn't say it looks more interesting than Minecraft, but I would say that it looks interesting. The boss fights look like they'd be a lot of fun, and team play in this game seems like it could be pretty enjoyable. I'll be waiting for the release. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: By "more interesting" I don't mean it looks less fun, I mean it looks different, so I wouldn't want to compare the two.

Last edited:
While Minecraft does have a 3d plane to build upon, it gets boring fairly quickly in singleplayer for me. Plus it hasn't added anything too interesting in a while.

I just watched the video. Seems nonsense to me that people are talking like this is the new minecraft. The most important aspects about Minecraft include the sheer scope of it all visually, how survival, creativity, and exploration are intrinsically connected, and how robust its turning out to be as he continues to work on it.

As for Terraria because its 2d it offers a bit more in terms of action and a bit less in terms of sandbox. Just from the video it looks to me like its got the makings of an excellent action game. They both have something different to offer, even if one of them seems a tad derivative.

It seems like an interesting concept, and while I believe that it seems to be a blatant ripoff of Minecraft, I can see how I would play this more. It wouldn't be so hard to get lost and having these boss battles would be excellent for teamwork skills. I dunno, but I've added it to my Steam list just in case I do want to buy it.

Currently I'm hosting a server using Hamachi, Network: SRB2Terraria Pass: knuxwad

Last edited:
I'm planning to get the game as well, and I hear its an amazing game. I look forward to playing it.
Although, I do have Minecraft.. One way or another, I do look forward to playing. I already have two friends who are playing it.

It actually has more features than Minecraft does. (IE: It has bosses, more ores, etc.) The only major complaint I seem to have about the game is that NPCs seem to be a bit buggy. I had a guide in my house, who kept opening the doors at night, letting zombies in.

It's a 2D Minecraft, which is why I call it Super Minecraft Bros. If you get that reference, you win 100 internets.

It isn't buggy. The guide is just a dick who likes to let monsters in due to being fucking immortal.

I played it for a bit, and although I can't play online(because I don't want to pay $10 for something then barely play it again), it's rather boring. It feels like Minecraft except it took all the depth and exploration out of it. It's rather annoying. The game plays awful, there are things that break geometry from the get go(Like having starting by water, and there is NOTHING that is breaking the water into two different lakes), and the controls are rather annoying as getting in/out of your cave/hideout is tough as shit the first time through.

I do not recommend this product to anyone. For it's price you may as well buy Minecraft. I haven't played enough to fight a boss yet(because I honestly can't stand playing it), but if I can guess correctly it's going to be the same thing as killing a hostile mob in Minecraft.

And before anyone brings up bias, I don't even like Minecraft that much, to be honest.

Problems with Terraria (Read before posting!)

Please, do not post saying that the SRB2 Message Board is not the place to be asking for help for Terraria. I tried both the Steam forums and the Terraria forums, and I am very well aware this forum is not specifically on information regarding Terraria. Neither would let me post, and I got very impatient with it, so I used this MB as a last resort. Thank you.

Good, now that we got that out of the way, I am having problems with starting up Terraria, and I was hoping someone can give me some help.

No suitable graphics card found.

Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the
XNA Framework Reach profile.

Verify that a suitable graphics device is
installed.

Make sure the desktop is not locked, and that no
other application is running in full screen mode.

Avoid running under Remote Desktop or as a Windows
service.

Check the display properties to make sure hardware
acceleration is set to Full.

I'm pretty sure that I have the correct graphics card. In case you're wondering, its an Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller. Suggestions, please?

Last edited:
Why the hell weren't you using the existing topic? Common sense, man.

I've merged the two topics, but ffs don't do that again.

Why the hell weren't you using the existing topic? Common sense, man.

I've merged the two topics, but ffs don't do that again.

Actually, I did that because I'd probably get a more straight-to-the-topic answer, rather posts that don't go to my problem, but just Terraria itself. My bad.

You need to install XNA Framework redist package 4.0 in order for it to work.

I can swear I tried installing that, both from Steam's first-time installation, then tried the one from Microsoft's website. Neither seemed to work.

EDIT : Actually, my Steam forums account finally got activated, so I'll go try asking there.

Last edited:
When I first saw this, it reminded me of Super Mario.. I don't know why.

I'm gonna go ahead and spoil the reference.
The creator of Terraria is also the creator of a little-known fangame called Super Mario Bros. X. The fangame was taken down by Nintendo's lawyers, and he decided to start working on Terraria. In fact, the graphics resemble most of the user-made graphics up for use in the level editor; and the Flower of Fire's (hint hint) fireball sprites are very similar/almost exact to the sprites in SMBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back