Mirror's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
I really, really like what I played in the PSN demo. I like how you can die so often and it doesn't matter because of how forgiving the game is. I love how it really stylizes platforming and combines a FPS element on the side. I love how it uses Runner Vision to glorify linearity. What do you think of this game?

I think it's awesome. Just rather short.

Also, I too, have only played the demo, and it was great. The plot, as far as I know is a little odd, but overall it's a fun First Person Platformer.

I guess you're right there.

What I hated on the tutorial though, is the bit where you run up a wall and grab a bar behind you, because you have to do it perfect.

I mean, I can't remember which, but you have to do it directly against the wall or running along it when jumping off. Not the other one. I got up there about five times doing one and it says "Failed", and when you do fail, it makes you watch Celeste do it again, in a very long mandatory cut-scene.

This actually looks like a fun game. It got so-so reviews, but I'm eager to try it. Maybe there'll be a PC demo...

The demo was easy. I mastered it the second time I played it. And the part where JetTheHawk was having trouble on, that was easy as well.

Just press one button after another without stopping, like when Sonic Unleashed tells you to press certain buttons. Jump, Turn, Jump. I always get it.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
The demo was easy. I mastered it the second time I played it. And the part where JetTheHawk was having trouble on, that was easy as well.

Just press one button after another without stopping, like when Sonic Unleashed tells you to press certain buttons. Jump, Turn, Jump. I always get it.

Heh, I fail.

I heard a lot of crap when I said the game was good at school though. Everyone said "It's freerunning with a gun. That sucks" and not even half have seen a trailer or played.

Everything is so... linear. I mean, linear isn't bad normally, but there's only one way to do anything, which makes it feel more like Guitar Hero in a 3D environment.

JetTheHawk said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

Heh, I fail.

I heard a lot of crap when I said the game was good at school though. Everyone said "It's freerunning with a gun. That sucks" and not even half have seen a trailer or played.

Well, tell them, "It's more like acrobatic platforming with the ability to karate chop people's heads and steal their guns."

I beat the game in two days , normal and hard. Its fun running away from project I.C.A.R.U.S people.
My favorite part is when [spoiler:95e0462605] I had to chase Ceilestel,when she betrays the runners.[/spoiler:95e0462605]

I tryed the demo and I love it. The music is cool, I love how it combine's like 2 elements of game play. EA actually did pretty good on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back