• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Attention Pendragon Fans! Saint Dane WAD WIP, Beta Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I'm going to put this in its own topic, to avoid getting off the point on sonic260's topic.

sd12cj5.png

Anyway, the demon Traveler from the Pendragon Adventure is on his way to joining SRB2! Let me know if you have any advice or tips. Also, help would be quite welcome. If anyone has an idea for an improvement, you can download the image, modify it, post your modification, and, if I like it, I will use it and credit you in the final product.

Download the beta of Saint Dane here!

NOTICE: I'm involved in some non-SRB2-related projects right now, so I may end up just leaving this project the way it is, at least for a while. I'm still open to tips and advice, but some of it may not be implemented.

I suck at shading. I'll try shading him in, but it'll probably not look good. If you shaded him for me, I'll credit you in the completed work.

Of course. I'm not demanding people look at this and decide that's how they view this guy.

UPDATE: I've given his face a bit of shading--that's the best I can do. The suit stays the same because I like it as pure black.

I don't see the shading. Also I remember the book describing him having a Leather Jacket that looks Asian

No-it's a BLACK SUIT that looks vaguely Asian. I checked the books, and it confirmed this. But I don't know how to make the suit look vaguely Asian--I'm not sure what that would mean. You're more than welcome to change the picture--if it's good, I'll use it and credit you.

Look closely--the shading is very faint, but it's there. As I said, I'm no good with shading.

EDIT: Gave Saint Dane better shading, and added plenty more frames. In addition to his idle pose, I made three of his walking angles, his spin animation (when he spins, he dissolves into vapor, like in the books) and his Tails fly animation (his power is to assume his raven form). Any suggestions on my current work?

I tried that, but it looked awful for these sprites. It ruins the contrast between Saint Dane's face and his suit.

Keep in mind the two colors used have to be similar but different, and not contrast much from the solid object, and they should only be used sparingly, like a touch here and there to show the edge of something, oh and they should be no more than 2-3 pixels thick, and if oyu can, keep them at 1 pixel thick...

Hang on...sorry, didn't understand what you meant. I'll consider it, but I'm really not sure if that would work well enough for my WAD.

Ok, does this guy have a bladelike weapon he carries around? Or does his suit have a zipper? What about the bottom of his shoes? *hint* *hint*

Bladelike weapon? Nope.
Zipper? Open to interpretation, probably not.
Shoes? Could be useful...but I'm not sure.

Just keep the sharpening method in mind, and I bet you'll find a place for it, heck the truth be told, it took me months before I thought of it and how to use it for my most recent sprites...

Okay, I'll try it...could be useful...

EDIT: Found a use for it! I sharpened the back of his head.

Yesh I am tired of seeing the ads, either switch to tinypic or use the direct link for images.

You could use Photobucket instead if you want to. That never makes ads appear wherever you show the pics you've uploaded there.

But as the admin who edited your post said, you could also use tinypic.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Image shack starts getting banned on forums internet wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back