• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone, with more GHZ stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
Sorry, no download links here. But you can still view these pics of my Green Hill Zone Test level, featuring all the Green Hill stuff already in SRB2, and more! I've yet to put in the sky, as I'm still figuring out how to make it look right in SRB2. And I might want to make a new floor as well...

Here are the pics to prove what I'm saying:
srb20095.png

The beginning of my test level.
srb20096.png

GHZ Grass edges!!
srb20097.png

All scenery items from GHZ. Credit to the Mystical Forest Zone for providing them, and credit to the one who ripped them and put them in the MFZ in the first place. But the palm tree was already ripped by Mystic and put into his mod, Mystic Realm. So credit goes for him too.
srb20098.png

The second area of my little GHZ test level. More stuff here, so let's move on, shall we?
srb20099.png

It wasn't as easy as you may think to make these GHZ rock/grass textures fit together right - I even used FOFs to try to get it looking right.
srb20100.png

Two of the custom textures included in my test level, one for the top/bottom of the bridge, and one for the tops of the poles that surround this end of the bridge.
srb20101.png

A GHZ rock and some Totem poles.

This will not be the final level, just a test level for the new GHZ stuff and the GHZ stuff already in SRB2 to see if they fit with each other.

Some good stuff! Can't wait 'till it's done. =)

Advice: The bridge of GHZ has water under it with shark-bot things jumping out. Try seeing if you can use that someware, ok? ;) And also, try seeing if you can make a "loop." When the Final Version comes out (please be soon D:) then maby we can make it that the "loop" is just lotas of small steps, and halfway up you reverse gravity, and then go back to normal, huh? Might work... :)

Anyways, keep up the good work! I expect good things from this. :) (and maby 2D mode on the next act :o)

There is no reverse gravity in 1.09.4. And I don't want loops in this anyway.

Just because Green Hill Zone originally had loops in Sonic 1, doesn't mean that there will be any in this version.

And I'm only planning to do 1 act, and no more.

EDIT: Ignore the first sentence please. I read HSX's post too quickly the first time I did.

Monster Iestyn said:
I don't want loops in this anyway.

There is only one loop in GHZ Act 1 BTW. Its possible and simple with help of a zoomtube.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Monster Iestyn said:
I don't want loops in this anyway.

There is only one loop in GHZ Act 1 BTW. Its possible and simple with help of a zoomtube.

Yep. I made a working loop in one of my race levels. Anyway, this is realy good. will you be doing the robots, too?

Nice, looks like good ol' green hill zone. However, I don't think some of those textures fit into SRB2 very well.

I think the fit fine in exception for the wall texture. Perhaps that could be something else? It looks funny from far away.

I'm actually surprised that WadWhore hasn't showed up yet...
Anyway, looks great! I hope this isn't like a lot of other crappy green hills this forum has seen before...

For lag's sake you're better off modifying the GHZ Grass edge to have GFZ grass on the top, then unpeg it, but use texture offsets so only the grass is above the ground.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Hey, can I use some of the things that are in here once it's done? :)

Yes, you can. But try to be patient, as I may take a while to do this.

It seems that some of you don't know about the GHZ things already in SRB2, such as the main wall texture. I didn't make even a quarter of the textures, flats and things here. Only the Bridge flats, the right wing-like thing on the totem pole (there was only a left one in SRB2) and the flat for the poles surrounding the bridge. The rest were from the actual GHZ from Sonic 1, or already put in SRB2.

And I'll Begin, that won't work. Try it for yourself to see why - it ends up being hidden by the lower texture rather than still showing, and even if it didn't do that, it wouldn't fit as well as I have made it fit. Besides, I think GFZ grass edges don't go well with the GHZ wall textures.

Update: A GHZ Sky has been added!!
srb20102.png

I had to change the size a bit for it to fit in SRB2, because the original sky's size was 320x244 pixels. I've lowered the thok barrier so you can see it a bit better.

Is it good?

Really? I didn't know that. o.o Well I hope it's a level in the Final Version if it's in there. :)

Green Hill's song in SRB2 isn't very good. You might want to use SA2's Green Hill or Sunset Hill's (Green Hill remix) song instead.

Monster Iestyn said:
The Green Hill Zone music is already in SRB2. And yes, I am using it.

If your trying to be accurate with the Green Hill stuff, you might want to use the original music. Dark Fox is right, Srb2's version of Green Hill is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back