• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

i-Ninja!.Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
Well ive been working on a wad called i-Ninja,.

Well here is the frontal sprite
ININA1.jpg

Im going to use this one ^

EDIT: there seems to be a problem with my wad, i only have the A,B and C frames done so far, but for some reason when i load my wad into the game, if i try to scroll down to pick my character in character select, i get booted out of the game with a : "Signal_handler(): Segment violation." or something of that sort.

If anyone offers any help and/or helps me, you will get credit in the finished version of this Wad, please if you have any help to offer pm me.

Yeah, the only restriction with black is that you can't use it for the swap color. Black is perfectly fine in a character, but it just won't change to, say, red or something.

Dark Warrior said:
Yeah, the only restriction with black is that you can't use it for the swap color. Black is perfectly fine in a character, but it just won't change to, say, red or something.
Oh, my god... I never knew that, i heard Mystic, or i think it was light dasher, i heard one of them say that black was taken out of srb2 (because of some players ninjaing through dark levels) , but now it see its only the color change.

Sonic Destiny said:
because of some players ninjaing

And what are you making? :P

I'd like to see this later on! How about making it that he throws shuriken(sp?)?

If he glides, then the sprites could show him lunging forward, like a slow, controllable thok.

Sonic Destiny said:
Dark Warrior said:
Oh, my god... I never knew that, i heard Mystic, or i think it was light dasher, i heard one of them say that black was taken out of srb2 (because of some players ninjaing through dark levels) , but now it see its only the color change.
Heh, they were talking about the ability to change to the color black in game. Like how you can change to green red blue and gray. Black made the whole character really dark and it was easy for them to hide.

Hyper Shadic X said:
Sonic Destiny said:
because of some players ninjaing

And what are you making? :P

I'd like to see this later on! How about making it that he throws shuriken(sp?)?
I was actually thinking of that, making his ring toss shurikens, oh and i was thinking of replacing the ring sprites of srb2 with shurikens.

And also, i was thinking about making a few ninja levels to.

hmm, perhaps im getting too ahead of myself.

It's good to set goals though.
As for the ability, I think it should be a custom wall clinging ability. Just the ability to jump onto a wall and cling onto it, then the ability to fling yourself off of that wall onto another. I wouldn't know how to make it though.

I don't know, but if that's possible, I would support the idea. I think my idea is a good back-up plan, though.

I'm not sure if/how you could/would do this, since I've never made a WAD before. But, if you could make the animation for when the ninja character dies a replacement type technique, that would be kinda cool. For example, have the ninja poof into a log and the new one (respawn) fall from the ceiling/sky.

I remember in Tales of Phantasia...3/4 of the time that you would kill one of those ninja enemies it would be a replacement...it was so horribly annoying.

Also, for anyone who was going to say something - No, replacement technique does not equal Naruto.

Ultimate said:
I'm not sure if/how you could/would do this, since I've never made a WAD before. But, if you could make the animation for when the ninja character dies a replacement type technique, that would be kinda cool. For example, have the ninja poof into a log and the new one (respawn) fall from the ceiling/sky.

I remember in Tales of Phantasia...3/4 of the time that you would kill one of those ninja enemies it would be a replacement...it was so horribly annoying.

Also, for anyone who was going to say something - No, replacement technique does not equal Naruto.
Very good idea, but that would require a Soc and i cant Soc, i have no clue how to, anyways i understand what youre saying and i like the idea also, i hate how people relate everything ninja to naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back