• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[Work In Progress] SRB2 FreePlay - The Mega Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTheDigiFloof

Creator of Online+
SRB2 is a multi-part mod that is somewhat similar to SF94, but it will contain much more content, there will be modified Vanilla maps for players to hang around in, and also objects from other sonic games like Mania, and also replacements to the main game elements

UPDATE
FreePlay core works with SRB2 Riders and SRB2 Top Down, expect to get maps for those EXE mods

FreePlay Core
Hud Replacements
dQJPi5F.png
Fz7WZjk.png

Lua Additions:
Infinite Lives has been added as a command
Sandbox mode with spawnobject command added
Event system added
Cheat mode with cheats
Server info command with server description
player join sound

FreePlay Core - Kart Edition
Has everything above except half the cheats and the join sound

Other extras:
F1 menu replacement (Freeplay Server help)
Shield split mod by Joat - This is used with the freedom planet core
Time Lua by LJ Sonik

Hangout Maps
Hangout Levels

(images are now in albums due to image limit)
Jade Valley
Noxious Factory
Tidal Palace
Greenflower Manor

FreePlay Resources
Mania Objects
iqnc7w2.gif
QxP2uCG.png

vv3xSvM.png

Sonic 1 Objects
Album coming soon

Sonic 2 Objects
Album coming soon

Sonic 3 Objects
Album coming soon

Sonic CD Objects
Album coming soon

Freedom Planet Core
LclzMpV.png
VF5eEdB.png
j8v581B.png
3qZtRlH.png
eQ9mfA3.png
lDAP2fu.png

FreePlay RPG Maps
A set of SRB2TD maps to come soon in a RPG styled way [Will add support for normal SRB2] (like M&L or Super Paper Mario)

Other Changes:
Rings replaced with mania rings
Race countdown replaced with mania's count down sprites
Score numbers replaced with mania's score number sprites

Future Plans:
Skill Testing maps (for different characters including modded characters)
item ports from other sonic games
Crossovers (like freedom planet core)
Object Ports from my sonic engine (Like the blue rings and such)

Credits go to
Team Sonic Jr for the wonderful SRB2 maps
LJ Sonik for the Time Lua script
Blaze The Cat for the Utility script
Joat for the Inferno and Liquid shield (required for the freedom planet core and maybe other mods)

Current Test Version: 1.0

Last edited:
Looks promising!

Although I wonder if this'll be more than just hangout maps and just hanging out and stuff like that as well as random sprite rips

SF94 had NPCs, sidequests, and a "chao garden". Basically, It had stuff to do in it for the players that are just plain bored.

The new mania objects look cool tho. Definitely something that level designers can take advantage of.

Looks promising!

Although I wonder if this'll be more than just hangout maps and just hanging out and stuff like that as well as random sprite rips

SF94 had NPCs, sidequests, and a "chao garden". Basically, It had stuff to do in it for the players that are just plain bored.

The new mania objects look cool tho. Definitely something that level designers can take advantage of.

i was about to put in that future plans will include recreations of like sonic 1 levels and such, since i realised there are slopes now in srb2, green hill zone is a possibility with slopes, but this is also a mod to experiment with my modding skills

and so it begins, the freedom planet core was the base of me learning Lua, and i have seemed to master it, i would say that a lot more content will come to the freeplay mods soon

When do you think this mod will be able to be downloaded? Is it hosted on a server or this website? I'm not asking you to hurry, I am just wanting to know more about this.

When do you think this mod will be able to be downloaded? Is it hosted on a server or this website? I'm not asking you to hurry, I am just wanting to know more about this.

the mod is currently in a public beta, which is downloadable from the freeplay server when its online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back