F. Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, er, I went around and messed around with FSonic.
Despite sprites being flawless, the Lua does have some;

First of all, Dash Mode seems to break other characters;
Lines 64 to 68 in LUA_DASH lack a skin check, making values apply to every character everytime, it completely overwrites their speed and jump height to FSonic's defaults. Making Knuckles jump as high as him, and Tails as fast as him, for instance.

It's as easy as adding "and player.mo.skin == "fsonic" to fix it though so it shouldn't be any trouble.

And finally, the Super frames. They're glorious and all, but, first, there's the issue Zappy mentionned about the full brightened frames, and there's also some of the Super frames that are not even used despite being present in the file;
308551why.png

There even is a bubble gasp frame for him!

I don't wanna sound like some "do it MY WAY" asshole, but you might want to handle Super Frames the way Silver handles them if you want to make frames such as the waterslide one appear without involving tricky Lua, as in, disabling Super Anims and overwriting Sonic's normal states when Super using actions and all.

Last edited:
If there was anything I could suggest for both Kilometers and FSonic is the ability to "replace" the vanilla counterpart. Similar to how Tripel handled the vanilla trio in the Heroes Mod, if you tried to play as vanilla Sonic, your skin would auto change to Tripel's Sonic to activate the team functions for Team Sonic.

I can't make a fully functional lua script on a phone, the best example I can provide is:

"if player.mo.skin == "sonic"
player.mo.skin = f-sonic/fsonic
end"

The same would apply to Kilometers of course.

I offered to do such a script and was refused. Which is fair, I mean. If he were a direct sprite swap maybe that would be reasonable, but he's different in gameplay too so just give kids the option instead of forcing it on them. (also you come into MY house and you talk of kilometers shame on you etc etc etc)

Also, nice bug catches Lat'. I don't actually know how super's being handled for this guy, so I have no idea whether Silver's method is better... but we can always work something out.

Also, nice bug catches Lat'. I don't actually know how super's being handled for this guy, so I have no idea whether Silver's method is better... but we can always work something out.

He basically overwrites the Vanilla Super animations and has to use stuff like MoveMobjCollide Hooks for spring frames for instance. Silver uses normal animations for Super and gets them overwritten with SOC actions and shit. Not super optimized, but it does the trick. Then again, I'm not sure if using Silver's way on FSonic would be conflict-free.

Yep, i hope that STJR includes Super Knuckles in single player gameplay and the Black Emerald as an unlockable - granting Hyper Sonic/Knuckles or Super Tails

After playing some more with Fantastic Sonic, I've found 2 more cosmetic issues besides the non-full-bright-when-spinning-while-super things. Both are related to having the elemental shield.

Firstly, the "fire dust" from charging a spindash while above water when carrying the elemental shield is also not full-bright, despite it supposed to being fire, and the fire trails from spinning along a floor is full-bright.

Secondly, when First-rate Sonic dies underwater while wearing an element shield (such as from being crushed by a lowering ceiling (I found out about it that way) or perhaps maybe even just a bottomless pit), Fine Sonic thinks he drowns. If not wearing an elemental shield, though, he's aware he's not drowning.

I made a wad which totally replaces the Vanilla Sonic sprites (Including Char. Select Pic. Life Icons and Emblem) except for the Nights Sprites (You should make them on this Wad to completely replace Vanilla Sonic). The reason is Why not? You told that the sprites are FREE to use.
Q: Am I allowed to use the sprites you made?
A: Yes, no need to ask for my permission!

Love the look of the sprites. I honestly hoped that Sonic would get an official makeover and it seems it's happened/happening.

I also love the gameplay of F Sonic. He's got a Sonic Rush mechanic that works and the inta shield is faithful to it's source.

To be honest, I thought that the F stood for Future as his sprites are supposedly being used in 2.2

UnknownObviousClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

Hyper F.Sonic is an amazing thing.

This GIF just made me notice that Super Sonic's quills actually move while you're standing still. The amount of attention to details is amazing, it's SO well done!

Holy shite, wouldn't have guessed this will be released so early. Do I even need to say how good this looks? Simply amazing. Too bad the thok is sooo weak now, it kinda slows you down at certain speeds...

I want this wad's NiGHTS Sprites so i can complete my wad wich replaces Vanilla Sonic's Sprites into This Sonic's Sprites.

Holy shite, wouldn't have guessed this will be released so early. Do I even need to say how good this looks? Simply amazing. Too bad the thok is sooo weak now, it kinda slows you down at certain speeds...
In exchange for Dashmode, which is more fun to use than Thokspam.

The NiGHTS sprites are already in the .wad, aren't they?

Anyways, yeah. That doesn't sound like something with any real merit.

Yeah but i don't think i can find them.

How can you not find them, there's literally a thousand of them at the bottom of the entry list in the file.
Besides, you'd have to recolor ALL OF THEM in yellow if you wanna make them into vanilla because I doubt there is any color coded into the vanilla NiGHTS drone, which is why the sprite itself is yellow to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back