SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaysakado said:
Have you set the sectors to red team base and blue team base?
Yes, I did.

GCFreak said:
If you send it to me, I can fix it up for you, if you want.
Hey, you asked me to send you to fix it. I want to send you my wad file. Maybe you can see what's wrong with these flags. Hey, for flags, sectors they are standing on, must there be some direction bigger than 256 or more? It must have the minimun direction. If that's it, can you say what min direction is?

EDIT: Ok, it didn't work. Can I send you the file, GCFreak?

EDIT 2: I AM SO BUSTED! I FORGOT TO SET A EFFECT ON THE SECTOR! A EFFECT: CTF RED TEAM BASE AND BLUE BASE!

Same thing as before. Please be careful next time - Sonict

SRB2DB build 27 bug report:

Runtime error 457 when using the stairs tool to make a large amount of steps. Didn't seem to happen in build 26.
The limit of stairs you can make seems to be around 50 now.
Seems to be related to the height of the stairs your making, too.
The initial sector height may have something to do with it too, but I have nothing to back that up.
In a nutshell, the "Convert To Stairs..." tool is broken. Recurring bug.

Runtime error 380 (invalid property value) when you press cancel on the select colourmap screen. Recurring bug.

Suggestion to improve SRB2 DoomBuilder:

Ooga, is there any way you can render skies in 3D Mode? I get sick of seeing Redwall where the sky should be.

Suggestion:

"More efficient" 3D editing. What I mean is, i guess, Google-sketchup style interface including different tools, and mouse control. The current 3D mode in SRB2 Doombuilder just seems clunky.

If you've ever used sketchup you'd know what I mean.

I'm not sure what progress is being made with this, but I would like to see something that displays all tagged linedefs with no corresponding sectors and vice versa. I've come to a point where I've had to mow down plenty of level and unused fof's get lost in there.

I think that there should be a tag management interface... THat is, there would be a dialog in which you can view the different tags in use, which sectors/linedefs use them, and for what. This dialog would also give you the ability to take a tag, and relocate everything on that tag to a new one, simply via a drag-and-drop on a tag list. It would make the organization of tags much easier. And, given that mystic just said
mystic said:
<Mystic> Yeah, but Crazy, if you did that, you'd waste tags
, I believe this is of consideration to Sonic Team Jr.

I have a problem. Anytime I try to run my map it says my nodebuilder doesn't have the required structures, then it says it has no sectors. Does the Doom Editor work on Vista?

When there is a texture that appears as redwall in the game, there should be a way to browse through the textures to find and fix it.
There should be a not-so-annoying way to make FOFs over FOFs.

Chaos said:
When there is a texture that appears as redwall in the game, there should be a way to browse through the textures to find and fix it.
There should be a not-so-annoying way to make FOFs over FOFs.

There is a way to find the missing texture. Its called the error finder dialog, and you just check off that you want to include missing textures in the search.

As for making floor over floor over floors, just do it the old fashioned way.

Prime 2.0 said:
I think that there should be a tag management interface... THat is, there would be a dialog in which you can view the different tags in use, which sectors/linedefs use them, and for what. This dialog would also give you the ability to take a tag, and relocate everything on that tag to a new one, simply via a drag-and-drop on a tag list. It would make the organization of tags much easier. And, given that mystic just said
mystic said:
<Mystic> Yeah, but Crazy, if you did that, you'd waste tags
, I believe this is of consideration to Sonic Team Jr.
Something of the sort will be in the new editor.

Chaos said:
I mean INVALID textures, not just ones that aren't there.
That's possible, but there's the slight wrinkle that textures which the editor doesn't know about aren't necessarily invalid, since they might be in a PWAD.

i get this error every time i try to load the srb2.srb file into the config.
Run-time error '75':
path/file access error.

and i cant get around it :/

spriter12 said:
i get this error every time i try to load the srb2.srb file into the config.
Run-time error '75':
path/file access error.

and i cant get around it :/
Are you running Vista?

Thanks to my friend who begged me to get an online fan game (which didn't work and once made SRB2 stop working), all Doom programs stopped working on startup. I re-installed SRB2 Doom Builder, but I always get this error message:

Mistah Annoying Error Message said:
Error 429 in LoadConfiguration: ActiveX component can't create object

I run Windows XP x64(Yes, x64 T_T) Professional. Please help!

This is a long shot, but try running the following at the command-line:

Code:
C:\Windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\syswow64\scrrun.dll

If your Windows installation isn't in C:\Windows, adjust the paths accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back