New Enemies: scr_jetcrawla.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
These Jet Crawlas were planned for release with Chaotic Darkness Demo 4 but I decided to release it here being to eager to know how other people like it.

http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/scr_jetcrawla.wad

Just simple level select yourself to GFZ2 to see them in action. The first one is the Jet Crawla which zooms at you then fires Eggman Missles at you, the second flies at you, fires a missle bomb, then after a brief second fires a quick auto ring before retreating. You're free to use in any mods you have as long as I'm given credit. Enjoy though.

They are good. A lot more sissy and annoying than those pesky Jetty-syns. I might make a crawla like enemy myself. I just might use these in my mod. So I give credit for your hard work. You deserve it.

Dang, why does everyone always use missiles? What's wrong with lasers and bullets?

Anyways, those enemies are rather overpowered an annoying. They're about like Crawla Commanders.

Draykon said:
Dang, why does everyone always use missiles? What's wrong with lasers and bullets?

Anyways, those enemies are rather overpowered an annoying. They're about like Crawla Commanders.

Lasers - What lasers?

Bullets - I was considering it

And that's the point of them. =P Defeating the Jet Crawlas are easy if you know their pattern but Jet Commanders are really tough, hence why there's only a vague few.

Super mystic sonic said:
Whatya mean by Crawla commanders are tough? They're easy, and slow, and a stardash will take care of them real quick.

What the hell is stardash?

Draykon said:
The lasers shot by the THZ turret. I myself think they would fit these enemies much better.

Oh, well lasers are shot by the Jet Commander if that helps. :P

SMS said:
Whatya mean by Crawla commanders are tough? They're easy, and slow
I thought the same thing first I played threw the game, too. But it is not true. All enemies are hard in special cases, you just have to know how to place them, so that they provide a challenge.
But there is another reason why the SRB2 enemies are not that hard, I think. Basically, they are not supposed to kill you easily, they just should slow you down. It is a special challenge to finish every level as fast as possible... It is true, that you can just spindash on ground and wait until some enemies walk into their death, BUT this will make you lose time.
This might be wrong, but that's the way I understand it. :wink:

That Morph, is what I see as the root of good Sonic level design. The challenge shouldn't be to complete the level, but to complete the level as fast as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back