• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 3D Robo Blast; A working tittle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you reanimate Sonic so he actually looks like hes in this game?

I never really had a problem with how Sonic looked. It could be fun but I already have allot of spriting and animating to do. Maybe later.

Sparkz, the links in the first page expired, can you upload them again?
i would like to test them :)

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! New Link to follow.

Updated Level Pack!
***Includes***
* Sector based springs. (looks more like 3D Blast)
* GGZ Trees and Flowers.
* GGZ Turrets and Spike Balls in first act.
* New GGZ middle wall textures replacing GFZs. (things are easier to see)
* GGZ II's first zoom tube takes you around the loop!
* More modifications to GGZ II. (still not complete though)
* More modifications to RRZ I. (still not complete though)
* RRZ I has been optimized to reduce lag. (oh, my precious details)
* RRZ III Boss fight.
* A whole bunch of modifications to SSZ I. (Still not complete though)
* SSZ Thing based spike traps. (all methods to create retracting spikes failed)
* SSZ Ring draining water bordered by lasers (have fun!)
* SSZ sloped FOF loops for zoom tubes!

*** Known Issues and Cations***
* Middle textures on slopes has not been perfected in CB. (causes graphic issues)
* GGZ Spike Balls are currently too small, motionless and they don't damage.
* Sonic can't make it through GGZ II. (one of the zoom tubes is missing)
* 3rd section of RRZ I is still inaccessible (zoom tube is missing. The exit sector is the 2nd ring portal)
* Border around RRZ Boss is buggy (camera gets caught in bad places, leaving you vulnerable. ADVICE, Take out the turrets first)
* SSZ loopy zoom tubes are not completely functional. Try to avoid the first one entirely! (waaay buggy)
* Still no exit sector in SSZ.

*** What's next***
GGZ Fly
zKVg1.png

GGZ Land Mines
p3AXc.png

Admins, If it's time to put this in releases please let me know.
Here y'all go:D

http://www.mediafire.com/?lla66zr93nixik3

Last edited:
I never really had a problem with how Sonic looked It could be fun but I already have allot of spriting and animating to do. Maybe later.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! New Link to follow.

Updated Level Pack!
***Includes***
* Sector based springs. (looks more like 3D Blast)
* GGZ Trees and Flowers.
* GGZ Turrets and Land Mines in first act.
* New GGZ middle wall textures replacing GFZs. (things are easier to see)
* GGZ II's first zoom tube takes you around the loop!
* More modifications to GGZ II. (still not complete though)
* More modifications to RRZ I. (still not complete though)
* RRZ I has been optimized to reduce lag. (oh, my precious details)
* RRZ III Boss fight.
* A whole bunch of modifications to SSZ I. (Still not complete though)
* SSZ Thing based spike traps. (all methods to create retracting spikes failed)
* SSZ Ring draining water bordered by lasers (have fun!)
* SSZ sloped FOF loops for zoom tubes!

*** Known Issues and Cations***
* Middle textures on slopes has not been perfected in CB. (causes graphic issues)
* GGZ Land Mines are currently too small and they don't damage.
* Sonic can't make it through GGZ II. (one of the zoom tubes is missing)
* 3rd section of RRZ I is still inaccessible (zoom tube is missing. The exit sector is the 2nd ring portal)
* Border around RRZ Boss is buggy (camera gets caught in bad places, leaving you vulnerable. ADVICE, Take out the turrets first)
* SSZ loopy zoom tubes are not completely functional. Try to avoid the first one entirely! (waaay buggy)
* Still no exit sector in SSZ.

Admins, If it's time to put this in releases please let me know.
Here y'all go:D
http://www.mediafire.com/?tl19vc0eoy6t2o6

this new link doesn't work too.

I can't play this because my OpenGL mode doesn't work very well so I can only see the mod by the screenshots, but hey, it looks damn good so far Sparkz.

Keep it up.

I downloaded the preview wad to give it a try aaaand...
inh1k3.png

...I get this error whenever I try to open the wad. I'm using SRB2CB.

Nope, link's busted again. Shame, too. I've been silently tracking this topic and I'm loving what you have done so far.

I downloaded the preview wad to give it a try aaaand...
inh1k3.png

...I get this error whenever I try to open the wad. I'm using SRB2CB.

Opps! O.k. that should be fixed now. And I don't know why everyone's having trouble with the link. It works fine for me
Lets try it again!http://www.mediafire.com/?lq447736c82kb8w

BTW, It's no longer imposable for Sonic to make it through GG II. It just isn't very straight forward yet.

Last edited:
I recommend uploading the WAD to a post attachment so you don't have to deal with free file host BS.

In any case, I'll try this out while the latest link is still working.

Last edited:
The error message no longer shows up, but now SRB2 just closes whenever I load the wad.

The error message no longer shows up, but now SRB2 just closes whenever I load the wad.

I've ran a few experiments. Do you usually have any trouble using CB. Check your resolution. Additionally I'm using the PNG Edition. I tried the wad in regular CB. It's messing up custom textures but it's not crashing the game. Other than that I don't know.

EDIT: Yes it is. Regular CB keeps crashing when I test it there. I've tried putting the custom flats and textures into TEXTUREX but I found that it immediately crashes CB. So I think everyone should know...

This wad requires PNG Edition.

If I'm wrong, in that it shouldn't someone let me know so I can try to fix whatever's going on.
Until then I declare a new title for the wad

S3DRBCBPNG (Sonic 3D Robo Blast; Community Build- PNG Edition)

Last edited:
I've ran a few experiments. Do you usually have any trouble using CB. Check your resolution. Additionally I'm using the PNG Edition. I tried the wad in regular CB. It's messing up custom textures but it's not crashing the game. Other than that I don't know.
SRB2CB runs very well for me otherwise.

I tried opening it through ADDFILE instead of through the netlauncher and it works. Screwy textures, yes, but it works. Also, the Rusty Ruins boss gives a sigsegv error when loaded.

SRB2CB runs very well for me otherwise.

I tried opening it through ADDFILE instead of through the netlauncher and it works. Screwy textures, yes, but it works. Also, the Rusty Ruins boss gives a sigsegv error when loaded.

Using PNG would give you the textures and flats.
I've never run into this error before but I'll look to find the cause. Is it crashing the game?

Alright! I went through the maps correction texture errors that I didn't notice before. Thanks for bringing those to my attention! All links in the previous above posts have been updated with the new file. All of them should work.

Hell, here's another!http://www.mediafire.com/?lq447736c82kb8w

Additionally, I looked into this segment violation and it appears that there isn't anything I can do about it. I think it's a computer VS. program thing. If anyone has advice (maybe there is something I can/ should do) please let me know.

Other than that, my best advice is to try running it on PNG edition because my flats and textures are insane!

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, Metel. I appreciate the publicity:D However, tagging it with laziness hardly seems appropriate:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back