What's your favourite in-game tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

Here's an interesting question. Are any of you guys partial to any of SRB2's tunes in particular?

Me? I really can't say for sure, but I can tell you that Malcolm Brown is certainly my favourite composer for STJr., bar none. His compositions are nothing short of awe-inspiring, even to this day. Shame I never had the chance to get to know him...

Hmm... I myself always liked Nimbus Ruins Zone myself but really doesn't? Also, pretty much every Mystic Realm tune. (Including both versions of MFZ)

I have always loved the introduction theme. Shame that I rarely hear it ;-;
Other favorites are:
-Deep Sea Act 1
-Egg Rock Act 3
-Nimbus Ruins (Empyrean's Channel)
-Special Stage
-Spring Hill (Paternal Horn)
-Arid Canyon Remix
-Prismatic Angel

I might as well list my least favorites, while I'm at it:
-Castle Eggman Act 2
-Doomship (Act 1?)
-Continue
-Super Sonic
-Verdant Forest
-Sonic Electronic
-Old Special Stage
-All Mario related tracks
-All Guitar remixes

I like GHZ2's tune. It's generally happy with a tinge of awe and even melocholy, much like the Green Hill and Emerald Hill themes.

But my preference goes to both renditions of the Eggrock Zone theme. Both are great tunes, first of all, but both perfecly fit the atmospheres of their respective acts. Act 1's theme is a bit slower and lighter, and gives a cautious feel as you finally make it to Eggman's final base and are acquainted with its hazards, whereas Act 2's theme is definitely more sinister, and reinforces the feeling that the player is literary at the heart of Eggman's diabolical plot.

Both acts of ERZ, and ACZ1 are my favs. Mystic Realm Zone is also cool.

I heart Eggrock 1 + 2; they are just wonderfully composed and are true masterpieces. I also love Tempest Valley from Mystic Realm (along with every other theme in that pack) and Deep Sea Zone act 1 is another favorite...Arid Canyon too...

you know, I don't think there is an SRB2 song that I hate.

I can say I like both Aerial Garden tunes but, To be honest, My Favorite song would be tunes 135 (MR Boss Battle)
Even tho I rarely Listen to it since I use my music wad....Which also Contains that song as Tunes 135... lol

...and TUNES 120

Favorite:

Prismatic Angel Zone
Eggrock Zone 1
Tempest Valley Zone

Special Mention:

Deep Sea Zone Metal
Nitric Citadel Zone
Arid Canyon Zone 1

Least Favorite:

Eggrock Zone 2
Verdant Forest Zone
Jade Coast Zone
Meadow Match

Favorite:

Prismatic Angel Zone
Eggrock Zone 1
Tempest Valley Zone

Special Mention:

Deep Sea Zone Metal
Nitric Citadel Zone
Arid Canyon Zone 1

Least Favorite:

Eggrock Zone 2
Verdant Forest Zone
Jade Coast Zone
Meadow Match

With the exception of Meadow Match, you have just described me perfectly.

You know what, I'm going to change what I said earlier; I think I do have a favourite tune after all.

The Credits Theme.

Why such an arbitrary choice? I don't know. It's just always clicked with me, I guess. I've just always loved that tune...I can play the piano part too, which is pretty neat. It's not the flashiest or the most insane of the lot, but it's always sounded nostalgic to me, so I guess that's reason enough.

...oh shit, this is a hard one. I think I'd be better off going through every track and rating it rather than trying to choose a single favorite.

Out of just the vanilla srb2 SP level tracks, THZ1 MIDI is definitely my favorite, but if we're going by the OGGs only, I like Dark city and Doomship better, but then when you add in all the multiplayer stuff and Mystic Realm and remixes it's just like oh god what

The track labeled Robotnirock from the history section and Eggrock. I like listening to all versions of the track including the 1998 version.

Castle Eggman act 3 (1.09.4) was meh.

original infraction said:
Robotnirock and Eggrock. What? That's what the track was called when I downloaded it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back