Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, time to sit around and play tetris 'till the pack is out.

I prefer Dig-Dug over Tetris.

AAAAAnyway, Underground Zone is halted until the next contest. In the shape it's in now, it will just be another flawed project like Sonic 06.

With submissions closed, there is only one thing left to do...

akHkL.gif

and derp accidentally posted this in jul/aug voting

And out of nowhere, the Contest Discussion Thread is floated by Charybdizs

srb20049.png

ZOMG WHAT IS IT AND ARE THOSE COMPUTERS

Those are computers?

Yes, they're computers/televisions, you silly pony. But I bet you can't guess what they're for. ;)

ZOMG ARE THOSE SECTORS ALL THE SAME LIGHT LEVEL

Srsly, a little lighting variation can go a long way. Even some fakey, sector-based shadows can add a lot to a level.

Hm? I don't understand where I'd put any lighting in here. There's not really any place that could be darker without looking odd. Unless of course, I was to darken the whole area up and go from there, using the lights as a starting point...

Much much better. :)
Although, what is that thing in the middle? You usually want to make light "emit" from important stuff, especially if it's something you'd imagine being bright in the real world like a teleporter or a laser or something.

Much much better. :)
Although, what is that thing in the middle? You usually want to make light "emit" from important stuff, especially if it's something you'd imagine being bright in the real world like a teleporter or a laser or something.

O_O

Good thing you mentioned that, it had completely slipped my notice. I'll definitely do something with it. And yeah, it's a teleporter.

Possibly coming to a OLDC near you...
Chemical Facility Zone

Yes good sirs, I am picking this level up again. And I am pulling a "Sonic Generations" with it, sorta.

In the far, far, FAR past of Chaos Domain, I made mention of a "expansion pack" called Crazy City. One of the levels show was a level called "Chemical Factory", it looked like this:
srb20081.png

srb20082.png
After working on Chemical Facility I got a mappers block and pushed it aside, recently though, I looked in my old 1.09.4 levels and found Chemical Factory. After playing through it I figured I would mash the two levels up by cutting out part of Chemical Factory and adding them in, and this is what we get!:
srb20308.png

srb20306.png

srb20304.png

srb20302.png

Now let's see if I can FINISH it...

Last edited:
Wow KO.T.E, that is looking pretty good. I like the detail put into the aesthetics of the factory. Hopefully you will finish it. :P

Can't wait for the Modern Remix. [/sarcasm]

EDIT: And you eerily seem to be doing what I'm doing: revising past maps that didn't make the cut.

Time for news related to MY map, there will be somewhat of a Labyrinth Zone reference in it. Danger, water risin'

Last edited:
Tyler stole my joke. Now, all I can say about your level is that it is excellent.

I feel like the big blue bars that go in all directions, on the second screenshoot are unsuitable for your plant. I'll wait until I got the level under the eyes to understand !

Oh, and always on the second screenshoot, remove the player outside of the plant is simply amazing, especially with the stars on the sky , I love this idea ! (I also hope that there will be several exits out.)

Tyler stole my joke. Now, all I can say about your level is that it is excellent.

I feel like the big blue bars that go in all directions, on the second screenshoot are unsuitable for your plant. I'll wait until I got the level under the eyes to understand !

Oh, and always on the second screenshoot, remove the player outside of the plant is simply amazing, especially with the stars on the sky , I love this idea ! (I also hope that there will be several exits out.)

I might should have made this clearer, but the first two screenshots are the OLD Chemical Factory, the ones below it are the new ones.

Well hell...

This map blows me away KO.T.E.

I love to see more pic of this map. If you ever do get the time to upload more.

You got amazing mapping skill dude. I just cant wait to try this level in the OLDC if you get it done.

Yeah. But the blue bars doesn't fit because of that texture. What I suggest is that you change those textures into textures from Egg Rock Zone.

eggrockexit.png

Try to put this texture into those bars, if you want.

Psst
Yep I'm still working on Frantic Forest Zone
Or rather, I worked on it
For, like, a month trying to tidy it up and stuff
I think it's looking pretty good now
iaza17559812231400.png

The middle, looking bland as ever
iaza17559866348800.png

The new bridge
iaza17559898849500.png

Part of the underwater area
iaza17559856467600.png

The stretch between bases and the middle

Here, let me explain some changes
  • Made it look pretty
  • Replaced the stair gimmicks with underwater pathways
  • Added a Bridge to the bases
  • Changed the locations of some weapon panels

Last edited:
ThunderNova I have a few suggestions for your map, for the rivers you should give them shape instead of making them uniformly straight and change the textures for rivers floor as well as the sides since the grass texture looks a bit awkward. Lastly are those ring clusters in the air reachable by other players via springs? Or are they only accessible by Tails and Knuckles, plus Sonic if he jumped off the top of the trees? They sort of look out of place, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back