Suggestions

Effect 1 in Linedef 413 makes the music continue the time before the changing, like if it's 1:23:45 (in the music timer) the next music will still play at 1:23:45 (in the music timer, still) if the music isn't big than the other, it will continue playing on normal, restarting the music.

Last edited:
...change the angle of Sonic in 2D mode ?
The creators of levels put zoom tubes, springs, etc ... to go more away or go closer from the camera. Anyway, I do not think that be able to "up and down" in 2D mode is a good idea. I do not even know if it's called 2D.
Me, honestly, I've never seen a 2D game where the player could move away or closer to the camera.

Really? It sounds to me like Mikey's asking about making it so that the 2D path doesn't have to follow the 2D plane, like this.

Either that, or he just wants the camera to move around sometimes like in the 2D sections of Sonic Unleashed.

It's hard to explain, each has its sense of "2D".

In your game, what happens if you press the up or down arrow ? Is the character moves away or approaches ? If you can not, then it is 2D ...
Copy and Paste : It's hard to explain, each has its sense of "2D". I insist on it, everyone has a different view to see the things. Some about the 3D graphics (hills, mountains), other about the 3D gameplay, ect.

I think they mean the camera and the player move along a track like in NiGHTs mode. It would still be 2D mode as the player can only move left or right but can move along a specified track and could move along the scenery as well.

I have a gametype idea."Super Sonic Surviving"
At the start,every one is Super Sonic,the number of rings is set by Host/Admin.
Then they must hit each other, to drain they Ring Limit.If a player reaches 0,he dies,then when being normal,must team with other players to drain the Super Persons Rings.The last who is still Super (or those who were Super at the end of the time limit) wins.
Setrings is auto disabled for this one(apart on the game type settings from network options,but the limit is instead of 9999 rings,999.)
Its like Tag in reversed.
So everyone is IT and they are all trying to eliminate each other?
Inb4 Deathmatch/Survival
and wouldn't it be better to make the Super sonic's die after one hit?
Wait why have them be super at all?

Last edited:
Not that we're going to be adding gametypes anyways, but survival is an absolutely terrible idea in SRB2 because of how long it takes for players to actually die. If you get eliminated early you might as well just leave the server because rounds would easily go to half an hour or more. Don't think Super changes this, either, as I have managed to maintain super for half an hour, easy.

This so call survival gametypes. Is a very bad idea. Anyone with skill can last for like a half an hour or more with super. Yet with rings shooting them still will make it last for to long.

And even if you put it the other way where your not super. There still a good chance for the player to still live for a very long time. Let say you got shot one's. And all your rings scatter. Still don't mean your going to die. If you just walk a bit you get a ring and you get another shot on you. In which this case will make the game last for almost forever.

...change the angle of Sonic in 2D mode ?
The creators of levels put zoom tubes, springs, etc ... to go more away or go closer from the camera. Anyway, I do not think that be able to "up and down" in 2D mode is a good idea. I do not even know if it's called 2D.
Me, honestly, I've never seen a 2D game where the player could move away or closer to the camera.
Well, in super smash bros. brawl when you're testing a stage, you can actully how close the camra can be. Really close like a bad close up in a crappy TV show, or zoomed out to actully see what's ahead.

but survival is an absolutely terrible idea in SRB2 because of how long it takes for players to actually die.
Here's a list about how much I agree with Mystic,
1: Takes too long because 3D,
2: It would ESPECIALLY take too long when you are fast, and you have to catch/touch the fast players. REALLY difficult.
3: It would take MUCH more longer if the host/admin chose 9999 rings.

Survival isn't possible unless:

1. Have Sonic's thok, Tails' flying, and Knux's gliding disabled
2. Rings do not spawn but instead you are given 10 rings
3. when you get hit you don't drop your rings but instead lose them instantly
4. When you lose all 10 rings you're eliminated

Now this would make for an interesting gametype. [/opinion]

EDIT: and setrings would have to be disabled as well, regardless if cheats are on or not.

Last edited:
Wait, doesnt this Survival Mode sound alot like Hide and Seek?
Yeah, this idea is already done guys, just in a different way and method.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this won't be added, but it would be cool to include a menu for adding WAD files, so you could see a list of WAD files you could add

Yeah..because we have the net launcher.

Anyway, is it possible to censor words? You never know, there might be someone that can't stand them.

Edit: Well, I meant something that can be turned on or off in the menu.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to rethink the palette slightly. The colour 120 is literally exactly the same as colour 0 and, in my opinion, colour 200 seems unessecary along with a few other really light colours and seem unessecary since they can just be substituted with white or really light greys. Sort of like the green palette or Sonic's colouring.

I have an idea, instead of the thok sound being the same as the sound when you throw rings, can be two seprate sounds.

For Example:
If a character had a thok sound that said, "HA!", normally when you throw the ring, the "HA!" sound will be played. But if my idea is used, the thok sound will not be played when throwing a ring. Instead, it'll have its own sound.

Suggestion for character customization

I have one idea that might dramatically widen the possibilites for character creation, and it's actually rather simple: Make the jumping frames and spindashing frames seperate states. This would allow for such things as nojumpspin without the lack of spindash, a Super Peel Out of sorts (changing the spindashing frame sprites to the running sprites), and a custom ability that is activated automatically upon jumping (A_SpawnObjectRelative used on the first jumping state), among other things. It wouldn't make the characters overpowered, just make them more versatile. The most overpowered thing it could possibly do is spawn an object that gives a character a powerup upon jumping, and you can do that with spinitem/thokitem already. So, who's with me?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back