Fixed Teleporter Glitch for Nodes 2 and above

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are node 2 or above, teleporters don't work a second time.

For example, let's say you are node 2. Then you teleport and come back in some way. But, the teleporter doesn't work a second time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Works fine for me. I've done that before on ERZ2. I think I was Node 5, and I went left after teleporting to the elevator. Went another lap through ERZ2, and successfully teleported again.

But Each Time has a bug in multiplayer that causes exactly what he described!

If you're gonna be teleported out of the sector anyway, just set it to continuous.

I feel it is necessary to bump this bug report up again, because:

1. It's a pretty significant bug.
2. Nobody seems to have done anything about it.
3. I am repeatedly getting pestered about issues with Tortured Planet that arise specifically from this bug.

Let me clarify what the actual problem is. This isn't an issue with teleporters, this is an issue with Trigger Each Time. Linedef executors activated through an Each Time Trigger will fail to work for any player of Node 2 or higher.

For teleporters, this isn't really a problem, because it's better to use Continuous triggers for them anyway. But there are some kinds of effects that only work properly with Each Time triggers, including several effects in the later levels of Tortured Planet. These effects break in Coop, and reconfiguring them using Continuous triggers would be unfairly complicated (they would need to be applied to an Intangible, Invisible FOF, and call sector movers to drop the ceiling of the FOF once before the effect starts and raise it again after it's over). I mean, that would circumvent the problem, but isn't that why we HAVE an Each Time trigger? So that we don't need to do all that?

So...yeah, this problem should really be looked at more closely. It's quite annoying.

I always test this for bots,

Anyway... I always put a sector as Trigger Line Ex. (Anywhere in sector)
Then use the bots(I always use bot node 2) to test it to see if the bot would teleport more than twice and it did. That always works for me.

EDIT: How many times did I say Always? :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back