Suggestions

...weather station system? Do you mean the holiday themes?

That said SRB2 never changed for Halloween, that was an SRB2JTE thing. Though apart from Christmas some changes did happen for Easter and April Fools Day.

It would be cool to add the weather station system again, as in the old versions, the theme of Halloween and Christmas, something that I have never even understood because they have removed it.
For what? Somebody can make a mod with these things. (obviusly, experienced.)

Last edited:
Wanna know the real reason it was removed? Cost-benefit analysis.

• During Final Demo, there were only three singleplayer zones worth of textures to consider. The larger the game gets, the more complex it becomes to set up all of the texture replacements, and the larger the bonus file that provides the Christmas textures gets. AJ did actually want Christmas mode in 2.0, but this was issue was the thing that stopped him from being able to port it forward, and that's a goddamn shame beyond all measure.
  • Because of the fact time zones (and broken system clocks) exist, it's possible for someone in one time zone/system clock setting to load SRB2 with the Christmas file, and someone in another time zone/system clock setting to load SRB2 without it. This causes netgame desynchronisation. Add in that was possible to turn off the Christmas functionality with a command line setting, or manually add it in whilst playing normally if you knew which file to add, and things got very messy very quickly.
  • Meanwhile, with Easter, we DID actually keep it in the game - the emblem hunt system from 2.0 that was later refined for 2.1 was directly based on the Easter Egg Hunt system, with the benefit of being all year around to avoid messing around with the time zone issue mentioned above.
  • The SRB2TGF intro was removed because at this point of having vacated the everything, it wasn't worth keeping the date/time checking system in the game's code just for one gag.
  • Mystic hates date/time secrets with a firey passion, and it's honestly easier to shut him up so he stops complaining about stuff when it takes this amount of work to make happen. ;p
I hope this post was informative.

Last edited:
...What? That makes no sense. When you beat Aerial Garden Zone, you unlock Azure Temple Zone. There is no need for extra characters in SRB2.

Maybe after you beat Ariel Garden Zone in the extras you could unlock Classic Or Modern Sonic, or maybe even Shadow or Silver.

Don't worry, fam, I got you covered:

No_piss_off.PNG

So if they removed running from SRB2 "someone can make running in a mod" is not a viable excuse.
I was saying is useless put these things in the game. But, everybody experienced can make a mod. (anyways. it takes time)

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Don't worry, fam, I got you covered:

No_piss_off.PNG
I think it's a joke. (It would change so much the game)

Last edited:
I was saying is useless put these things in the game. But, everybody experienced can make a mod. (anyways. it takes time)

I was saying that once it was an actual feature. You can't just remove features because other people can make mods for the game. Toaster justified the removal of them with her statements earlier. None of them had anything to with mods

That picture made me laugh. I hope it gets in as an easter egg or something.

You guys going to change the main menu Sonic sprite to look similar to the Playable character ?

665563cantarguewithit.png

The almighty has spoken, here is an accruate design of how Sonic is actually gonna look in 2.2
165742PLAYA2A8.png

No in all seriousness the title screen is gonna be replaced as whole.

REALLY! Classic Sonic is my one of my favorite characters. I have plans for a level pack that I may make where Classic Sonic has discovered new zones and has to explore them!
Sneak peak of zone names.
Jungle Safari Zone
Blazing Mine Shaft Zone
Boss 1 Name: Mechanical Moto Bug a Moto Bug but it has spikes on its sides back and top of its shell and it can fly.
;]

I was saying that once it was an actual feature. You can't just remove features because other people can make mods for the game. Toaster justified the removal of them with her statements earlier. None of them had anything to with mods
The point here is more that a mod handles all the negative aspects of the original implementation. There's nothing stopping anyone here from making a huge mod that properly retextures the entire game and edits sprites and other things to actually make it work in stages other than GFZ and THZ. It's just real effort and nobody wants to do it.

Also, this gets brought up literally every year. For a more detailed look at why Christmas mode is never coming back, check out this thread from five years ago: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36606

REALLY! Classic Sonic is my one of my favorite characters. I have plans for a level pack that I may make where Classic Sonic has discovered new zones and has to explore them!
Sneak peak of zone names.
Jungle Safari Zone
Blazing Mine Shaft Zone
Boss 1 Name: Mechanical Moto Bug a Moto Bug but it has spikes on its sides back and top of its shell and it can fly.
;]
Classic Sonic is already in the game. Im not even sure why sega even considers different iterations of Sonic as seperate characters, it makes me cringe.

A command line parameter that starts the game in Devmode 1 would be useful.

It would be useful, but an easy workaround for this would be to add a bind in autoexec.cfg to force it on so you could have a single keypress do it, like "bind [ devmode 1".

Alternatively, use the + character in front of a console command in your batch file or launcher, so you can do "srb2win.exe +devmode 1"!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back