Just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrzi

Why this messageboard doesn't have in "help" section tread called "tutorials", I think it's going to be very useful in the future.

If you ment how to sprite I recomend Photo Filtre Pro X. I use it because it has layers. Then you just trace a sprite and remove and add stuff to the sprite.

Actually, I don't understand Wiki :/
Here's a question to you: how can we make the Wiki easier to understand? What is it about the Wiki that is confusing to you? Because the Wiki has been built up and fine-tuned for a while. I admit it's far from perfect, but it is still a goldmine of information for newbies.

I like if there is "tutorials" tread because I think people uses this message board more than wiki, besides even if people can read English or if person is from England or someplace where you speak English or whatever, that person still might cannot understand the meaning of that thing what he/she is reading, so I think if people want to help, they can put own tutorials to that "tutorials" tread, they might actually make video or pictures, at least that is what I was thinking.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Here's a question to you: how can we make the Wiki easier to understand? What is it about the Wiki that is confusing to you? Because the Wiki has been built up and fine-tuned for a while. I admit it's far from perfect, but it is still a goldmine of information for newbies.
I recommend pictures, but it's far more better if there is videos and subs for it.

If you don't understand anything on the Wiki, drop a note on the corresponding talk page. If there was more feedback, we would know what needs improvement.

There is no request section per se, no. We used to have one, but we decided it was impractical. If you want to comment on a specific article, post on its talk page. If you want to request something more general (like a whole article), you can post something on the main talk page, for example. I dunno, if there's use for it, we could also open up the Requests page again.

There is no request section per se, no. We used to have one, but we decided it was impractical. If you want to comment on a specific article, post on its talk page. If you want to request something more general (like a whole article), you can post something on the main talk page, for example. I dunno, if there's use for it, we could also open up the Requests page again.

ok. But anyway, if it's possible, can you guys add more pictures to tutorials?

Sure, if I find the time. Taking screenshots (outside of SRB2) has always been something I neglected, because the process of making them is a bit tedious.

Actually, I don't understand Wiki :/
agreed. I had to ask around to actually UNDERSTAND the meaning of making WAD's and stuff. the wiki is like, no help whats-so-ever. sorry but its true. for kids just starting out at making WAD's and such, it's a total pain to figure it out. we do actually need a "tutorial" under "help"...

Okay, I'm gonna be blunt: If you don't understand enough English to read the Wiki, we won't help you. It might not be perfect, but saying that the Wiki is no help whatsoever is just flat-out ridiculous.

It´s not like you´re gonna get paid for making wads, if it´s too dificult for ya´, then just don´t get into it.

I think that the majority of those who can't understand it are probably a younger age than those writing it. I'm guessing 12-. They probably having trouble understanding many terms, and how to tweak the uses for their own needs. Defining terms would probably make the process more confusing for them, rather than helping them understand it. For them to effectively understand the wiki, you would have to give them literal step by step directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back