Doom Connector (Game Launcher, Server Browser, and Chat Program)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent_Snipe said:
Hetor said:
Thanks for link! This connector is cool, but people need to use 1.09.4, not 1.09.4a. 1094a works buggy there. It's cool because connector don't use srb2 master server, so if master server is down - Doom Connector 3 is your friend!
I agree with the 1.09.04a been buggy as me and Hetor had major trouble hosting with it when the master server was down and when it was up so only use this with the 1.09.04 and not 1.09.04a

I guess I'm no longer stupid now.
You guess? Then explain what versions 1.09.04 and 1.09.04a are, because I think you're going too far back in time.

Hetor said:
It's cool because connector don't use srb2 master server, so if master server is down

Very good point, however you can expect to see master server support in the future; at least when it returns...

Doesn't seem to be. It's a straight DL link, in case you were looking for a window. :/

DC now supports the SRB2 masterserver, so you can get a list of active servers and join straight from the program.

I apologize for the bump, but there are a few significant updates:

- Support for the current SRB2 version

- SRB2 support in the main lobby

- Doom Connector no longer requires that you have the same wads as the server to be able to enter

- Permanent website

We are always looking for feedback and suggestions, so please don't be shy. Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:
There is a way to filter out servers, but not user-made rooms. Go to "Support", then click on the engine setup that is displaying the servers of the engine that you want to get rid of. After a window pops up, click on the "Servers" button, and uncheck "Show public servers". You can still sort the room list by engine, if the lack of user-made room filter becomes a problem.

There's been some more updates/fixes by Zorcher:

- Auto-login should now be DISABLED if you use Vista or later

- All DLL's should have Perform Server Query on by default

- On login, Doom Connector shouldn't automatically refresh each master, it is up to the user to manually hit the refresh button

- All Doom Connector website links in the program fixed

- Sonic.dll renamed to SRB2.dll

- On virtual room join, Doom Connector doesn't automatically ping the server, it uses cached data instead. This bypasses the PINGTOOMUCH issue with Skulltag.

- Chex Quest 3 IWAD support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back