Linedef Type 443 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
After hours of trying to find this lindef type on the wiki, I downloaded the example wad to know how to make it and when I opened it, it wasn't even setup. The control linedef wasn't even finished and only had GFZROCK as a texture.

Now I tried setting this up blind and I did follow the setup on the wiki and I typed in S_PLAY_GASP in the textures area but nothing seems to be happening, not even error messages. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Last edited:
I have an idea what I'm doing but the script is not working. It's a possibility that I messed up somewhere or forgot a thing or two...

Code:
local function letloose(line, mo)
        player.mo.state = S_PLAY_FALL1
end

addHook ("LindefExecute", letloose, "FREFALL")

"player" isn't defined anywhere. Your function takes the object that triggered the executor as an argument, which isn't necessarily a player. The correct line is "mo.state = S_PLAY_FALL1".

It seems like I'm still not able to pull it off, even when I copy and paste the code in to the example wad...

You have the linedef executor set up right, right? A mistake I've made a lot with setting up LD443 is leaving the midtexture set, which gets added onto the name evaluated. (On a related note, writing the hook name only in the midtexture doesn't work either, since that crashes the game. I found that out yesterday. :v)

You have the linedef executor set up right, right? A mistake I've made a lot with setting up LD443 is leaving the midtexture set, which gets added onto the name evaluated. (On a related note, writing the hook name only in the midtexture doesn't work either, since that crashes the game. I found that out yesterday. :v)

I still had the midtexture in my level and removed it but even then, I can't seem to get it to function on my level or the example wad that the Wiki provides. I'm leaving the code here because at this point, I think I might be missing a few things.

Code:
local function letloose(line, mo)
	mo.state = S_PLAY_FALL1
end

addHook ("LinedefExecute", letloose, "FREFALL")

Last edited:
Problem Solved

Thanks to MonsterIestyn, he found the solution. I'll put the code here for reference for anyone else in the future with fill in the blanks so you can make your own stuff.

Code:
local function <function name>(line, mo)
        mo.state = <player state>
        P_ResetPlayer(mo.player)
end

addHook ("LinedefExecute", <functionname>, "<name to use in Doom Builder>")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back