• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Script Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvex

Did I place this post in the right topic? If not please someone move it.

I have been using some new scripts lately, and I have one here that comes handy in Tag, Race, Coop and Match. (Not so much CTF.)

Here:

bind 8 "skin sonic"
bind 9 "skin tails"
bind 0 "skin knuckles"
bind f "cam_rotate 120"
bind h "cam_rotate 240"
bind g "cam_rotate 180"
bind r "cam_dist 300 ;cam_height 340"
bind v "cam_dist 700; cam_height 900"
bind b "cam_dist 600; cam_height 700"
bind = "cam_rotate 0"
bind - "cam_dist 128; cam_height 20"

This will allow you to:

1. Look around corners without going around them.
2. Change characters quickly by the strike of a key.
3. In tag, allow you to zoom out and look behind to see who is following you.
4. Reset the camera to normal. (The keys "-" and "=".)

If anyone has any additional script tricks that they use, please post!

If you name it autoexec.cfg, it'll automatically run all the console commands contained there when you load the game. This can be extremely helpful for binds that you never want to remove and used to be useful for setting your name and color before the game actually remembered it.

As an example, here's mine:

autoexec.cfg said:
alias camoff "chasecam 0; crosshair 1; alwaysmlook 1;"
alias camon "chasecam 1; crosshair 0; alwaysmlook 0;"
alias cheat "noclip; god;"
bind 8 "skin sonic"
bind 9 "skin tails"
bind 0 "skin knuckles"
bind z camoff
bind x camon
bind v "devmode 2"
bind c screenshot
bind b cheat
bind n god
bind , "changeteam blue"
bind . "changeteam red"
name mystic
color cyan
motd "Welcome to Mysticserv SRB2. No idling, spectating, excessive chatting, or anything other than playing the game allowed. Enjoy your stay!"
This sets the motd every time I make a server, so I never have to do it manually. It also contains a bunch of key binds for debugging purposes because it's a lot easier to test maps when you don't have to make a noclip bind over and over again.

I use a server script simalar to that. It sets all the server settings. I also have a script that displays a type-writer animation (like in cutscenes) "Welcome to Shadow's Server!"

Here's a console command from my popular NeonServ.wad. :D (My server WAD, for managing my server and stuff. :3)

alias autobind-rot "abrot0"
alias abrot0 "cam_rotate 0;bind o abrot45;bind p abrot315"
alias abrot45 "cam_rotate 45;bind o abrot90;bind p abrot0"
alias abrot90 "cam_rotate 90;bind o abrot135;bind p abrot45"
alias abrot135 "cam_rotate 135;bind o abrot180;bind p abrot90"
alias abrot180 "cam_rotate 180;bind o abrot225;bind p abrot135"
alias abrot225 "cam_rotate 225;bind o abrot270;bind p abrot180"
alias abrot270 "cam_rotate 270;bind o abrot315;bind p abrot225"
alias abrot315 "cam_rotate 315;bind o abrot0;bind p abrot270"

I call this one AUTOBIND-ROTATE. It sets binds to your O and P buttons to rotate the camera JUST like 1.09.4 did, except this one rotates it in 45 degree angles. This makes it easier to center it again! :D

I also use ALIAS commands to set up variables much easier. Why type things like "motd Welcome to the Shiney Server!;respawnitemtime etc." when you can just type "setcoop"?

alias setcoop "playersforexit all;respawnitem on;respawnitemtime 180;echo Setup complete for COOP"
alias setmatch "pointlimit 750;timelimit 0;respawnitemtime 30;echo Setup complete for MATCH;advancemap 2"
alias setctf "pointlimit 5;respawnitemtime 30;respawnitem on;echo Setup complete for CTF;advancemap 2"
alias setrace "numlaps 3;respawnitemtime 5;respawnitem on;echo Setup complete for RACE;advancemap 2"
alias settag "pointlimit 0;timelimit 5;forceskin 1;respawnitemtime 30;respawnitem on;echo Setup complete for TAG;advancemap 2"
alias setduel "pointlimit 300;timelimit 5;respawnitemtime 30;echo Setup complete for DUEL;advancemap 2"

And, ofc, my popular poisonous pizza command on my server for no reason at all.

alias pizza "orderpizza 1 1 1 1 1;wait 143;say OMG POISON D:;skin sonic;color green;name Pizzalover;wait 20"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back