MegaMari (Megaman meets Touhou)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

11471045962432cl.png

If you like Touhou and enjoy platformers, you'll probably like MegaMari. The game is very unforgiving just like the other Touhou games, and it has a difficulty curve a bit higher than your typical Megaman game (although I wouldn't say it's as hard as the better rom hacks). It's definitely worth a playthrough if you like either series, and if you like both series there's absolutely no reason why you should not be playing this.

You are able to play as both Marisa and Alice, switching between them in levels (that means two separate lifebars). They have different starting weapons, and more importantly, obtain different weapons from bosses, although you can only have one, not both. Obviously this means you would have to play through the game more than once if you want to try out all the weapons.

Give it a shot if you're interested.

[Highlight]Link Removed

Megamari is not freeware. It has to be purchased, and you can do so here and here.[/Highlight]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also looks more detailed than the classic Megaman games. Get this game to be more Battle Network related, then come talk to me again. *deleted*

Gemini Spark said:
Get this game to be more Battle Network related, then come talk to me again. *deleted*
What Bigboi said.

Seriously, come on. The Battle Network series -- while somewhat good -- pales in comparison to the classic games.

lol that's why I put that I got deleted.

It looks like Final Fantasy meets sidescrolling. Intriguing, maybe this is something else to get interested in.

I downloaded this a while ago. It's pretty fun...but I gave up when I kept dying D: (As I do in most touhou games xD)

Also, yay, someone else knows Tsukihime here besides me :D

I've had this for a while, and the best way to sum it up is "Megaman meets bullet hell platforming". Worth a download even if it's just for the difficulty and gimmick.

Touhou is not free, but because its Japanese doujin (meaning an import if you wanna play it) many people pirate it. I'm probably one of the few who actually has gone through the trouble of paying for my own copy. (after the first one was bought for me as a gift by Prime_2).

After I've got a little more experience playing Megaman games, I intend to try this out, as I'm a huge fan of Touhou. For those that don't know what it is, its a bullet hell game with an all-female cast of insanely powerful creatures. When the fireworks fly, its easy to get distracted by the kaleidoscope patterns of bullets heading your way.

It's also generally got witty and humorous dialogue, especially where Marisa and Alice are concerned.. who are sarcastic enough to outweigh the entire remaining cast of the Touhou franchise.

As far as I know the basis for this game is that Marisa has a tendency to go after the spells the other characters have and make them her own... which fits perfect with Megaman's boss system.

I don't know very much about final fantasy, but as far as I know, all that has in common with Touhou is the art style.

Ouch ouch ouch. This game could use more checkpoints :(

Anyway, so far it's been rather fun even tho I didn't beat any level yet. However, I found out that you probably need insane dodging skills, but what did I expect =/

I might try this, but if its anything like touhou then im in for a sound ass kicking.

I got to the first boss.

...you got to be kidding me. HOW many knives exactly? Oh my god...

NEARLY made it. For some reason, you can still dodge around one thousand knives spreading out in a spiked wheel pattern reasonably easy.

That's more $ per second than the HEAVY manages.

And for some reason, the boss always defeats me with exactly one hitpoint. Damned ninja maid...

The game costs 25 bucks on paletweb, and that's not including shipping from Japan.... There has to be a place where it sells for cheaper. I'd pay fifteen bucks for a game like this, but not 35+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back