Suggestions

Impossible. Different numbers for linedef types, different sector type format, different palette rendering custom graphics unusable, different data tables rendering SOCs unusable, and there's absolutely nothing in any WAD signifying for what version it was designed. We'd have nothing to determine that off of.

Just use the conversion tools, it's about as good as you'll get.

Linedef Type - Directional Friction

Kinda works like a conveyor belt, but only when you try to move in its direction. It slows you down when you go against it, and speeds you up when you go along with it. This would let us have simple Mario-esque slope physics applied to stairs so Sonic can't just climb up a 45 degree incline like it's nothing.

Since the developers seem to be in a helpful mood in this topic as of late, I'll ask this now. Also, I may have asked it before... but I'm too lazy to check :P

Can we have the music return to where it left off whenever the player gets an extra life or speed shoes? I really hate it when I'm about to get to the epic piano climax of Tunes 91, only to gather an extra life or something and have it restart.

I think it'd be cool to see fire trails left by elemental shields and armageddon shields being able to hit people in race and competition, as well as invincibility being able to hit people without friendlyfire on. This could allow for some interesting races with people doing their best to hit each other. I also imagine it being fun in competition where collecting many item boxes helps to win.

I dunno if this has been suggested. (Mainly because I am not patience enough to reed through 185 pages of suggests)
But is there any possible way to add in a windowed mode for those who wish for it in the options menu? Because that would kinda be nice.

Run the game in the command line with the parameters "-win -width 640 -height 400". That'll at least put it in a window like you want.

You don't actually need a new gametype for that, you know. I remember several KotH-themed match maps have been made in the past, and it's not particularly complicated to make them either.

Windowed mode is currently bollocks because it doesn't go above 800x600 (or is it lower than that?). This really needs to be fixed.

Windowed mode is currently bollocks because it doesn't go above 800x600 (or is it lower than that?). This really needs to be fixed.
While I won't disagree it should be fixed (I'd like a 1280x800w, please?), 640x400 is perfectly adequate for a fair portion of windowed-play needs. Personally, I usually only use windowed if I'm either getting in a private server over IRC (in which case a window too big would just defeat the point, since I'm trying to read things in other windows) or testing in SRB2DB (where, yes, increased resolutions would be nice).

I realize I do things in a very nonsensical fashion, though.

Holy butts, I seriously did not know you could change the resolution in software windowed mode. I can't believe it! This changes literally everything.

No it isn't. On my 1680x1050 monitor I can see so little it becomes frustratingly hard to play.

I run 1920x1080 here, a higher resolution, and 640x400 is adequate. 320x200 is as painful as you describe. Maybe your monitor is significantly smaller than mine though? I don't know.

When I turn chasecam off for Time Attack, I want it turned off even after the stage. I'm tired of exiting, typing and getting back. Do something with it.

When I turn chasecam off for Time Attack, I want it turned off even after the stage. I'm tired of exiting, typing and getting back. Do something with it.
autoexec.cfg
alias fp "chasecam 0; bind x tp"
alias tp "chasecam 1; bind x fp"
bind x fp

You're welcome

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back