Official Level Design Contest - January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Back to tradition, because it works =P

Rules:

1. All levels must work correctly in Match and Tag, meaning they must include the 32 Deathmatch starts. Other features are optional, but suggested. Chaos support is a definate plus.
2. Collaborations are allowed, and testing is encouraged.
3. Custom textures are allowed, but custom music will require you to host a seperate wad to add it, as I'm not sucking Sepwich's bandwidth any more than I need to. Also, you may not name the custom textures anything that is already in srb2.srb
4. I would prefer level headers to be given seperately, and remember that these levels will be uploaded to the Addons section after the contest, so provide a description.
5. You may enter as many levels as you want, but please remember that more time spent normally means a better result.
6. All levels are due to me by February 1st, 2004 at 12:00 UT (January 31st, 7 PM EST)

Remember, all entries are welcome, no matter how good you are. The more the merrier.

You might want to note that custom flats are allowed as well as textures, for people like me who are anal about terminology. And speaking of anal, I should point out that you misspelled "definite" and "separately." *beaned*

From my point of view, flats are textures too. They "texture" the floor instead of keeping it bland.

If I was talking about the texture of the earth, I wouldn't call it a "flat" instead =P

Yeah, point taken... the most interesting part of Doom's terminology is that if we added slopes, flats would be inclined and textures would be flat. How's that for confusing?

XD

I really don't wanna dive into srb2.srb's TEXTURE1 flat and edit that. Heck, I'll word this another way: Anyone know how?

And can anyone teach me the art of SOC editing? *Shot*

I wrote a program to convert PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps to text. Then you can edit them in a text editor and convert them back. I'll give it to you privately so I don't get people whining at me who are too stupid to understand the readme. (The programs aren't especially user-friendly, but the readme is very good, you see.)

I think JTE(thats his irc name,don't know the forum name) should enter in his
battleships 1.wad- that one's cool!

Maybe Mystic changed the rules, but the rules have always said the map you enter for this contest MUST be made FOR this contest. You can't take an existing map you've already made, fix it up, and enter it -- you have to start from square one.

But if it was made after the contest announcement, you can say, "Oh, yeah, I had the contest in mind when I made that," and who's gonna argue?

deepdm.gif

What I have in store for you all =P

Yay! Someone is using my fence textur... oh wait, no, that's not it...

Hehe someone should go into the Doom community and convert one of those Q3A maps made for Legacy and make it work with SRB2. :mrgreen:

I used the cement texture in Carbon Catwalk Zone. Of course, I pretended it was carbon, not cement.

SSNTails said:
Hehe someone should go into the Doom community and convert one of those Q3A maps made for Legacy and make it work with SRB2. :mrgreen:

Someone needs to convert Q3DM17 (a classic among Quakers) to SRB2!

The thing is, most Quake maps would suck in SRB2 due to the totally different setup and the first person perspective. If I was ever going to convert one, Q2DM1 is first on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back