• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Cream - Alpha test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough I just felt like out-cooling everybody now...

Cheese.png

Beat that! :P

I can't believe that it looks that much like the Sonic Advance chao sprites, even though I didn't use them for reference at all.

EDIT: Oh great... I forgot the wings...

head looks a little too fat, but otherwise awesome!

...and now I don't know how to contribute to this project(sp?). Great. :(

Either the heads huge or the bodys small.
Also with the way you made the arms and legs it looks like it hung itself with an invisible rope.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Either the heads huge or the bodys small.
Also with the way you made the arms and legs it looks like it hung itself with an invisible rope.

I didn't know what other sort of position I could have used for the arms and legs. After all, it's supposed to be flying, isn't it?

As for the head and body, I was sure they were the right sizes from looking at pictures of Chao using Google... maybe I didn't look at them hard enough... Besides, some of the body is hidden behind the bow, just in case you don't know...

It's more feasable to just attach Cheese to Cream's sprites. Otherwise everyone will have Cheese following them.

If that were to happen, then Cheese would be floating in air, not moving it's wings. Not having him attach to anything but an invisible slingitem, or having him be the slingitem, would be a much better idea, because there's no way to make cheese attach to cream without attaching other characters, not looking weird, or not being visible when a ring (or he) is being thrown. At least not yet, or without hard-coding it, but that would make it EXE dependent. :/

This is SRB2, so who cares if the wings don't move when Cream isn't?

Slingitem won't work. It'll just make Match mode awkward.

Adding Cheese in any other way than what I suggested just makes this whole ordeal way more complicated than it needs to be.

Hyper Shadic X said:
If that were to happen, then Cheese would be floating in air, not moving it's wings. Not having him attach to anything but an invisible slingitem, or having him be the slingitem, would be a much better idea, because there's no way to make cheese attach to cream without attaching other characters, not looking weird, or not being visible when a ring (or he) is being thrown. At least not yet, or without hard-coding it, but that would make it EXE dependent. :/

an easier way would be to find a chao.wad that looks like a regular chao, and add a bow to his neck-like area... spot...but modify the chao so that it looks like its flying by raising the sprite up in its position... then getting it placed like the Sonic and Tails thing in JTE... but you could do that, then add the character to cream as a sprite and slingitem gives cheese a sonic wind thing from sonic advance. i would do it but for one, i dont have a WAD maker, and for another, i am not sure thats really possible... if it is, i would attempt it though...

DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
an easier way would be to find a chao.wad that looks like a regular chao, and add a bow to his neck-like area... spot...but modify the chao so that it looks like its flying by raising the sprite up in its position... then getting it placed like the Sonic and Tails thing in JTE... but you could do that, then add the character to cream as a sprite and slingitem gives cheese a sonic wind thing from sonic advance. i would do it but for one, i dont have a WAD maker, and for another, i am not sure thats really possible... if it is, i would attempt it though...
Sign language time.

YOU *points at you* SPEAK *points at his mouth* ENGLISH? *waves the Great Britain flag around*

I'll Begin said:
DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
Sign language time.

YOU *points at you* SPEAK *points at his mouth* ENGLISH? *waves the Great Britain flag around*

Come on, get over it. Even if it's not grammar-correct, it's still readable, isn't it?

Hate to say it, but no. I have tried to sprite Cheese a few times, but they were all bad. I've been to busy working on levels. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back