• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Problem with importing textures (getting error message)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gs93

I searched the forums last night for something similar, with no luck.

I'm fiddliing around with level designing, nothing too big or fancy, and just for kicks I decided to try a 2D Mario level. Once I got bored, I tried designing a little bonus round, accessible by teleporter. Just like with the bonus rounds in Super Mario Bros., I decided to try to import a beanstalk texture to lie behind the teleport.

I read the Help file in XWE, and it says to double-click Patches, select a picture of the texture I want, and from there it'll set up most everything. Yet when I run the game after doing this, I get this error:
R_LoadTextures: Missing patch in texture BLUEW1 W@

I re-open XWE, and lo and behold there are several textures on the list that don't seem to be linked to their respective patches. I'm not sure how to fix this, and I'd rather not tinker with more than I should. Any suggestions? (if more info is needed, ask)

I had the exact same problem JUST like this

all you have to do is this:

1) go into the texture editing topic in the archives forum
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=1001
2) download the Pnames.lmp and texture1.lmp
3) open your XWE and delete the Pnames and texture1 lumps
4) load both the Pnames.lmp and texture1.lmp files
5) do as it says in the texture editing topic with adding textures (right clicking your texture and clicking add to Pnames and then right clicking on the same texture and add to textures)

and then it should work... if you have any other problems with this... i dont know how to fix this...

Ah, the topic was in Archives? That explains a lot, I searched the Editing forum.

Hmmm... it didn't crash this time, and when I load it in DoomBuilder, I see the texture. I don't see it in the actual level, though, but that's likely a problem with my level design.

Thanks for the help, and for the quick response (I <3 this forum for that).

EDIT: Got it to show in the level by making a high-up sector behind each teleporter and setting the below textures on those to BNSTLK. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back