• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lavender World Zone" W.I.P

Well, im learning how to do custom textures, and learning all linedefs, im doing a map called "Lavender World Zone" , so im planning the map to do it, and here are tiny boxes breakables, i was planning too to do a trap in the map.

JZYzA1s.gif

Hey, really nice~!! I'm glad I got someone to try something new and learn all about the editor. c:

Neat but simple gimmick, and nice texturing you've got so far. Keep it up!

I'll try to make something. It'll probably end up being too short to be a real level, but this is a make-whatever type of thing, right?

You may also want to look into custom bustable block debris, so you don't have to use that weird brown dirt stuff.

He means custom replacement sprites for the falling dirt that appears when you bust a wall. I have a working example of such in my Dead mod SRB2 Christmas Megamix that uses ice chunks instead.

I'll try to make something. It'll probably end up being too short to be a real level, but this is a make-whatever type of thing, right?

Yep! There's a purposely short deadline, to hopefully push people to making a short but sweet map instead of everyone attempting an colossal and intricate map anyways, so don't be sad if you can breeze through it quickly!

Where i can find it?

This page explains it: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Bustable_Block_Sprite_Parameter

For anyone else who wants to use these; the freeslots for these are going to be first come first serve. I doubt more than three people would need to use custom breakable block sprites, but I'll mention it just in case. (somewhat off-topic: daaamn really only 3 extra slots?)

Just a heads up, I'l be bringing in a few custom badniks and props.

I'll say this right now, I'm bringing in the Hill top Trees.

Also are we allowed to include emblems?

Last edited:
Anything other than the level header and SOC that can be put in MAINCFG you may include, but please comment it out or put it in a separate lump. It's mainly to not have a gamedata for every map clutter up SRB2 folders and make it more convenient putting everyone's maps together.

I can definitely guarantee that I'll be putting in emblems (including Record Attack ones). The only definite thing I wont include is a "MainCfg block" (the block, not the lump :v), and everything else is only a "maybe".

Also already sent you a pm with your mapthingnums earlier

Last edited:
W.I.P Shenanigans

vnZBupD.png

So I'm working on a fairly short Emerald hunting map.

Last edited:
Are boss levels allowed? With custom bosses, of course.

This should answer your question.
  • It needs to work in Single Player. Coop support is desired, and support more if you want, but SP is the minimum. However, this doesn't mean you have to stick to normal SRB2 platforming. If you want, you can do a NiGHTS level, a boss level, or even change the gameplay completely via Lua; all as long as it doesn't mess with other maps and works in SP.
You will need to get your thing slots though.

Lavender World Zone W.I.P 2

Well, im doing the map right now, Thanks for Strike Warrior Hog to make rocks textures, its awesome, and Moonsae too for teaching me how to do custom textures:

EJpbQXT.png

MFnyoHB.png

hQDlS3m.png

YPke2UF.png

P67foRK.png

I have a question: You can keep Greenflower Zone Act 2 and Aerial Garden Zone and Deep Sea Zone Act 2 as they are? Because I want to try to enter here emerald quests...

Last edited:
I have a question: You can keep Greenflower Zone Act 2 and Aerial Garden Zone and Deep Sea Zone Act 2 as they are? Because I want to try to enter here emerald quests...

No, sorry; most of these maps are likely going to overwrite others, and we're aiming for an original pack, not modified levels.

However, you may still be able to enter it; if it's a separate map that is accessed from a modified GFZ via custom exit or something, then you definitely can! If it's only modified GFZ and the "emerald quest" part you're talking about is a room that's teleported to, then you'll need to modify it a bit to cut out the rest of GFZ. Depends, really; wouldn't know how your map works since I don't think I've seen it at all.

That's a great amount of progress, compared to mine that I made in two days so far:

zV1YGV0.gif

I had like 2 crash fails on making the level, luckily I had backups but good grief, glitch one thing up and Zone Builder crashes HARD.

Last edited:
That stage is coming together really well, Maximus.

SandyAgileBarnswallow.gif

This tunnel took quite some time to make, due to some glitches with the sectors.

EDIT:
H4WlDyc.png

I'll probably add more areas to this room, but for now, a preview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back