• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Taking this one step at a time: Senku Niola Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sad to say, I think I may scrap all my current sprites in the first post, because lately they have been bothering me of how the anatomy is horrible. at the same time I'm also having issues with starting up new sprites, as you can see here, Senku still lacks a jacket but I'm trying to figure what is up with the body. Now the only reason I'm limiting myself to this size is so collision works. Also this will most likely be used as a base for my other characters, cept of course I'll break my limit by then due to some of my characters being slightly taller than Senku or something, which will give variety in the sprites other than just design and colors.
asffd.png

Well, I personally have to disagree with you. Whatever issues you have with those sprites, they're still some of the most original creations here. Please don't scrap them...at least yet. If you can create a better set down the road, great. But please finish what you've got first.

asffd.gif
Slowly getting there, it's actually looking better than the old one to me, cept for the side pose, the entire thing feels off.

Ok sad to say, I think I may scrap all my current sprites in the first post, because lately they have been bothering me of how the anatomy is horrible.
Because anatomy is so important in a game based on anthropomorphized hedgehogs, foxes, echidnas, and eggs

asffd.gif
Slowly getting there, it's actually looking better than the old one to me, cept for the side pose, the entire thing feels off.
Those are okay, but I still prefer the older ones. They were more cartoony, and fit the style of SRB2 better.

Senku, why not make the character run in place instead of a spindash?

Ew, running instead of a spindash is just a cheap way to add a spindash to a character, and it REALLY doesn't look right.

Anyway, I prefer the old sprites. It seems better to me. (But maybe that's just my style. I prefer kiddy styles. I prefer the cel-shaded Zeldas to, say, Twilight Princess)
I don't think you should scrap the old sprites. I see absolutely nothing wrong with them. Even the walking frames you apparently dislike.

snkna2a8.gif
Rotation done, just need to clean up the extra stuff like any missed shading, tweak a few of the colors, finish the back/bottom of the pants.

Last edited:
The nose on the 3rd rotation and the feet on the first rotation doesn't fit with the other rotations. Other than that it is looking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back