Drawing and art tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
Well, over the past couple of days, I have gotten into the feeling of making sprites from an anime I saw and hopefully to make it into a character wad some day. But as it seems, My drawing styles have gone away and I happen to want them back.

I was wondering if people can give me some advice on how to draw in an anime-like style again...

Please, I'm not looking for any sarcastic posts, or posts that say "Eww, Anime!"

Do what I do to start.

Ex.- http://uitimate.deviantart.com
These are some of my drawings.
You can start by drawing characters that you have seen before, then move on to creating your own things. Make sure you use shading...makes drawings look a lot better.
Besides that simple stuff,
1) draw the outline of the head first. The head should start as a circle, draw the chin about 1/3 of the circle's diameter below the original circle.

2) after you have the head outline, place the hair on top when you want, make sure to keep the hair line following the outline of the head.

3) Make sure the character actually has a forehead, or it will look...freaky.

4) anime faces are actually very similar to real life faces

5) noses start at the bottom of the ear.

6) eyes should be about one eye width apart.

7) don't draw the body block like, bodies have curves.

8) Go here: http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html

PS: USE A SHARP PENCIL. THAT'S WHAT MESSED UP MY KAKASHI PIC...I FINISHED DRAWING AFTER I SHADED THE MASK!!!! (and pencil was really dull) T-T

PSS: Don't get lazy during the drawing....THAT'S WHY MY GAARA BACKGROUND IS SO SLOPPY AND UGLY.

Yes, I know this is a 2 day old bump so sue me...

camo man said:
Maybe you could try exactly what you did originally that made your drawings good.

Well, you see, I tried that, but my art style isnt as good now from what it origionally was.
Anyway, I'm going to try Ultimate's idea

I got a great tip! Try watching a few shows that sees some people or cartoon character (That's almost every show) then if you have Dish Network or anything, Pause the TV and try to draw that person/cartoon character. After a few drawings, even if they look bad or good, you should be able to draw again! If not, repeat the process and see what happens.

I have a couple of tips.

1. Trace some of your old art work to get the details right.
2. Then draw how you're comfortable drawing.
3. Be in a place were your relaxed. (music sometimes helps.)

This might not help but it's worth a try.

Think. Sketch. Sketch. Erase. Sketch. Erase. Think. Rinse, and repeat.
I don't take art seriously.

Pepe said:
  • Why don't you? Art is a big part of entertainment and culture. At least appreciate art.
  • I don't draw much anime either so basically this topic is also helping me out with drawing anime, too. I love American cartoons more than Anime though, but I could do some anime for big anime fans.

Just close your eyes...

Imagine your goal, And draw while keeping your eyes closed.

That way, You can build off the character that has been done.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Pepe said:
  • Why don't you? Art is a big part of entertainment and culture. At least appreciate art.

Actually, I should rephrase what I said.

I don't take DRAWING art seriously. I just go ahead and do it. :P

Well, I guess you should just practice expressing yourself in most basic forms of art (by the way, art isn't just painting and drawing you know).

4qhjcps.png

It doesn't even have to be on paper (this is expressionalist btw). JUST GO AHEAD AND DRAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back