• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 Flight Simulator (looking for staff(+Projectleader))

What do you think?

• Nice idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great idea! Welcome back!

• Srb2 engine not good for this/too old etc.

• not good

• you are crazy!

• bad idea!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am back but I don´t know how long I will stay... :roll:

My concept is to create a flight simulator with the srb2 engine.
I got the idea while playing this level with my old testknux.wad. This character is pretty fast because it hasn´t got the actionspd parameter I think. It really looks like knuckles could be a plane!

And so I created an airport and played with knuckles as plane and tails as helicopter :mrgreen:

srb20010hs5.png

he is really fast in newer versions of srb2

srb20015pu1.png

Helicopter support :P

he shouldn´t have the ability to move on ground

srb20017ok1.png

airport

I would need plane creators, md3 creators (not sure), gfx creators, landscape creators and soc creators

Download demo 2

Best with prettysrb2.exe -opengl trillinear

What do you think?

I need a new porject leader! I will not continue this! Sorry but I am doing other things now!

I though this was just an idea, but you seem to have started on it. I'll try the demo and give my opinion later...

Thanks for the comments! All I need now is a soc creator to make physics of planes so that they can only start at right speed, creating crashes and speed control.

Or maybe a C++ programmer to even add MD3 Support to the exe and slopes....

I need to deactivate jump ability in the characters and for helicopters movement ability!

Silver Sonic said:
Thanks for the comments! All I need now is a soc creator to make physics of planes so that they can only start at right speed, creating crashes and speed control.

Or maybe a C++ programmer to even add MD3 Support to the exe and slopes....

I need to deactivate jump ability in the characters and for helicopters movement ability!
If you want I can help make levels for you. You can deactavate the jump by makeing there jumphight 0.

I'll help with levels when I can. I've been doing wads for lots of other things and for pepole... sooo.... Yeah I'll help with maps sprites textures ect.

SRB2 already has MD2 support, although not very good. Good luck on finding anybody to make slopes.

The best way to make slopes is to make some sectors that can be height increased by a multiple of 8, copy and paste, select the sectors, and press Home until the floor is just higher than the previous sectors. It's a great way... Until you find that you forgot to do all those texture offsets. D'oh!
It isn't all bad if you forgot texture offsets. The floors may be close enough together to ignore those completely to the casual onlooker. Just look at GFZ2.

Actually the best way to get slopes is to redesign your levels without them.

Anyways, by the looks of things creating half the stuff you would need would be a feat almost as large as that crazy cinimatic boss idea I scrapped.

Sounds fun, and is original and stuff too. However, you do know it'll be nearly impossible to do? Considering you have no idea of how to program stuff like slopes and all that.

Well... I DO have my 1000 page book called 3D Game Programming All In One, by Kenneth C. Finney from amazon.com that include the CD. The CD has UVMapper 0.25 30-day trial version of milkshape 3D 1.7.0 and free plugin, 45-day trial of UltraEdit-32 and freen project files, Koob tutorial software, 30-day trial of jasc Paint Shop Pro 8, Audacity 1.0 and plugins, QuArK 6.3, Source code and art files from the book, and finaly torque v1.2 demo :mrgreen:

Demo2 released! The knuckles plane has now a slow acceleration and needs a long runway (map included). Also added multiability = 1!
I will do a tails helicopter when I have time.

I need some temporary plane and helicopter sprites...
Or I could let knuckles and tails let stay in the game

sonicfreak94 said:
I'll help with levels when I can. I've been doing wads for lots of other things and for pepole... sooo.... Yeah I'll help with maps sprites textures ect.
Would be nice :D

akirahedgehog said:
I'll do some levels and a few sprites :wink:
Would be nice too :D

Super mystic sonic said:
Sounds fun, and is original and stuff too. However, you do know it'll be nearly impossible to do?

I do!

sonicfreak94 said:
Well... I DO have my 1000 page book called 3D Game Programming All In One, by Kenneth C. Finney from amazon.com that include the CD. The CD has UVMapper 0.25 30-day trial version of milkshape 3D 1.7.0 and free plugin, 45-day trial of UltraEdit-32 and freen project files, Koob tutorial software, 30-day trial of jasc Paint Shop Pro 8, Audacity 1.0 and plugins, QuArK 6.3, Source code and art files from the book, and finaly torque v1.2 demo :mrgreen:

well, that are a lot of pages and software :mrgreen:

Could someone create a soc that will make jump (take off) only allow at a certain speed and can create landing and crashes?

Later glide ability would need the ability to go up and down but lets make this step by step....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back