Some sort of single-player map. (ultimatemap.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screens.
srb20052.png

srb20047.png

srb20048.png

srb20050.png

Crüsäder said:
Too lazy to put in a level header. Or rings. But there's ring monitors. Pics *yawn* up soon (probably).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wnkppm

No rings?.

In single player maps, you need rings, not monitors, loads of monitors are not cool, plus some areas are too cramped, like the 2nd pic.

I judge this 4/10. Why not put some rings, less enemies, and make some areas a bit bigger, then it will look better.

HYPERKNUX said:
Crüsäder said:
Too lazy to put in a level header. Or rings. But there's ring monitors. Pics *yawn* up soon (probably).

No rings?.

In single player maps, you need rings, not monitors, loads of monitors are not cool, plus some areas are too cramped, like the 2nd pic.

I judge this 4/10. Why not put some rings, less enemies, and make some areas a bit bigger, then it will look better.

I'll tell you why. Because I was lazy. If I really wanted to make a quality map, I would. I'm still freaking' testing my ablilities, sheesh.

Probably because he wants to share it. It actually looks pretty cool. It's a new twist, Ring Monitors instead of Rings!

Crüsäder said:
HYPERKNUX said:
Crüsäder said:

No rings?.

I'll tell you why. Because I was lazy. If I really wanted to make a quality map, I would. I'm still freaking' testing my ablilities, sheesh.

Well the map is called ultimate so 0 rings!

If you weren't actually trying to make a map, you shouldn't of released it. No use wasting space on something you didn't really try to make.

Draykon said:
If you weren't actually trying to make a map, you shouldn't of released it. No use wasting space on something you didn't really try to make.

Truth. Shuffle recently complained about people releasing their first maps - as almost always they suck.

Decent SP maps could *easily* take 3 months. Don't expect a SP map you made in a couple of days to get far, unless you have immense experience. Seriously, don't expect to get quality results if you don't try to make a quality map.

Really, everyone probably made a bunch of crappy maps, but just strive to be better, and don't be satisfied with crap - but don't set your standards too high. Like I do. Blargh. Hopefully Mystic didn't hear that. >_<

Meh, looks somewhat boring and rushed to me. Try making it more enjoyable. Scenery, DEAFED rings, enemy balance, various fitting textures, and some hills and obstacles to enjoy.

Draykon said:

It doesn't take up our space so why worry. Let him/her do what he/she want to do.

Super mystic sonic said:
Meh, looks somewhat boring and rushed to me. Try making it more enjoyable. Scenery, DEAFED rings, enemy balance, various fitting textures, and some hills and obstacles to enjoy.

There's no rings TO deaf. I made this for my friend anyway.

Chaos said:
But why put all the Emeralds and about 25 25-Ring Boxes in one less-than 20 second level? :/

Usually I make that to test my maps, he might have put the emeralds there to test and then he forgot to take the out.

I haven't still tried it, but I'll try it as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back