Old Act Clear Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
bnbZ8bj.png

I have absolutely no idea how this happened, and I can't replicate it.

This popped up after beating DSZ3. I was playing with no mods. Sonic in no-save mode. v2.1.6. Windows 7, Software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same exact circumstances for me, although I might have had a lua activated at the time.

Whereas, I'm sometimes getting the correct screen, sometimes getting the old screen, and sometimes getting these messed up disasters. This is in software mode for what it's worth.

Attachments

• BrokenIntermission1.png
    BrokenIntermission1.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 376
  • BrokenIntermission2.png
    BrokenIntermission2.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 364
  • BrokenIntermission3.png
    BrokenIntermission3.png
    105 KB · Views: 321
bnbZ8bj.png

I have absolutely no idea how this happened, and I can't replicate it.

This popped up after beating DSZ3. I was playing with no mods. Sonic in no-save mode. v2.1.6. Windows 7, Software.

happened to me so much times ,it'll be good to have this screen after every boss (NOT RANDOMLY)

Not a bug.

The old act clear screen gets displayed if the game can't properly take a screenshot of the game state to use as a background.

This was done in version 2.1.4 to try to avoid the nonsensical backgrounds that Sryder posted.

犬夜叉;746606 said:
Not a bug.

The old act clear screen gets displayed if the game can't properly take a screenshot of the game state to use as a background.

This was done in version 2.1.4 to try to avoid the nonsensical backgrounds that Sryder posted.
He/She said that it happened before he/she took the Screenshot

That makes sense. Is there anything in particular that causes the game to take a corrupted screenshot, or is it just a random glitch?

Last edited:
That makes sense. Is there anything in particular that causes the game to take a corrupted screenshot, or is it just a random glitch?

How are the stats on the computers you guys with the problem are running? I'd assume you're somehow running out of memory/CPU for the screenshot buffer and it's just filling in whatever was there last...

It's possible it can't write to the screenshot buffer if lag causes it to miss the frame that it wants to take the data from. That's the most common cause, anyway.

The contents that are left in Sryder's screenshots, if you're curious, are the post-processing buffer used for water effects among other things.

I've seen this happen before, one time I beat a level, its just a screen with how I finished it, and then later its the old finish screen. I don't get it myself. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back