• Can't decide!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
Whoever hasn't played this gem yet needs to undust their Genesis and buy this off of Ebay, download it for the Virtual Console, or grab the ROM for it. I haven't tried any other of Treasure's games, but I've heard from many sources that this game's the best of their works. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised. A polished catchy soundtrack, state of the art cartoon visuals, smooth controls, and unique gimmicks in every level make it enough for me to consider this a 16-bit masterpiece.

For those who have never heard of Dynamite Headdy, the game's entire setting is one gigantic play starring a cast of puppets, with Headdy being the main protagonist. The basic gameplay is that you shoot Dynamite Headdy's detachable head in eight directions so as to cling onto platforms, attack enemies, and move obstacles in a pretty wide variety of levels. There's more to it at times than just that, but I'm not giving spoilers. Grab the game and see for yourself.

If you want a higher difficulty, grab the US/European version.

If you want an easier difficulty, or just want the whole plot that's been eliminated from the localized English translations, grab the Japanese ROM somewhere, then run it through this translation patch.

Personally, I'd go with the US/EU version, because enemies like Teddy Bruin (or Haruyami, as he's well known from the Japan version) actually look menacing, rather than ready to hug you to death. But because Sega of America and Europe were assholes and decided to cut almost all of the dialogue that was originally in the game, it's worth having the Japanese version as well.

I've beaten the Japan version via emulation, but I have yet to best the US version in Virtual Console. X3

My friend actually purchased Dynamite Headdy for my VC to get me to play it. It's quite well-done, although I've never played the Japanese version, so any real plot it had I haven't seen =P

It's similar, but you can hit Headcase to temporarily switch heads, such as a hammer head, triple head, bomb head, pig head, and other various crap.

I have the E version for my Mega Drive, and I now that it is a real work of art in a game.
in case any of you didn't know, SEGA was trying to make Dynamite Headdy has their mascot o.O
Thank goodness they made the right choise!

Well, I tryed the Japan version in an emulator, and it sucked compared to the US/E version. Some characters look like idiots (like Blue Warrior said about Trouble Bruin, I think that the manual call's him that.)

Yeah. The graphical changes made in the Euro/US versions were a definite plus. Except for the changes from giant ladies to giant robots. They were equally interesting, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back