• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
your walls could be a little more interesting

like I dunno, scenery objects, more textures, anything really
I can add in some flowers (was planning on some from Green Hills anyway) But I don't feel I can give you any more of an interesting wall texture than I already have. Especially if I'm to keep with the Hill Top theme.

belugh.. Heres my level, its a small one, should be fine for all characters

srb20316.png

srb20318.png

srb20319.png

srb20320.png

Code:
Download: -Attached-
Title: Contamainated Water Zone
Credits: Map by me, Song from a Sonic Rom hack (Sonic 3&k Hard bosses edition- latest version)
Maintainer Notes: preferred to play in Software mode and havent tested in OpenGL.

Hint for the end, Floor trigger to open gate at the end

EDIT: updated link since there was a weird thing i had to sort out

Attachments

• s_Contaminated_Water.rar
    628.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I can add in some flowers (was planning on some from Green Hills anyway) But I don't feel I can give you any more of an interesting wall texture than I already have. Especially if I'm to keep with the Hill Top theme.
Perhaps you could use the THZ outdoor textures instead of the GFZ ones you're using currently, that might be a bit more visually stimulating, it'd also look closer to Hill Top than the current wall textures, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how closely you want to stick to Hill Top visually.

I'm not saying remove your current wall texture, just add more

The problem is that entire portions of your screen are just one solid texture. You need to break up the visual monotony by sprinkling in bits of color. Doesn't really matter how you do it, just be creative

Man, this would've been a good time to try making a decent map.
Well I would have, but a Mac has it's restrictions... ;-;

Sunset Ruins (1) Progress #4

srb20109.png

So, after seeing how bad some parts were, I deleted them and decided to remake them, to be much better and hopefully, more enjoyable.

srb20110.png

Some other parts, however, was modified with some changes, like this other route, you get to chose from the beginning. (I never showed this off before, how naughty of me.)

srb20111.png

This area, at the moment, is empty and very W.I.P. It may or may not be different, in the final version of this map. (If I can submit it, in time.)

That's all for now, stay tuned as me and a friend of mine, are making badniks and a boss for this zone, which might get shown off in the next update post. (Or not, because I have very limited time now. Crap.)

See ya next update, folks.

Robotnik Labratory Zone Progress

Oh my god, I finally finished to make my best level:

Code:
Title: ROBOTNIK LABRATORY ZONE
Credits: Map by me, Song from "FINAL EGG" (Sonic Adventure), and also credit to Strike for made me some new sprites to this level.
Maintainer Notes: Playable in Software mod, and I didn't test it in OpenGL mod too.

Attachments

• RobotnikLabratory.rar
    892 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Aquatic Corridors for SP! Legacy Complete!

DO4L1rU.png

Code:
Download: Have you ever heard about attachments?
Title: Aquatic Corridors
Credits: Me, me and me
Maintainer Notes: Strongly recommended to play on software mode!

I gave up on the heretic map because I have some problems with it and im afraid, I can't fix them till the deadline. So here is it. Aquatic Corridors (a small map).

EDIT: Colormap fixed.
Moved the blue spring to its place.

Added a song for it. :P

Attachments

• Sc_AquaticCorridorsV3.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
DO4L1rU.png

Code:
Download: Have you ever heard about attachments?
Title: Aquatic Corridors
Credits: Me, me and me
Maintainer Notes: Strongly recommended to play on software mode!

I gave up on the heretic map because I have some problems with it and im afraid, I can't fix them till the deadline. So here is it. Aquatic Corridors (a small map).

Color me impressed, but that room you made looks pretty great. The detail catches my eyes and it looks very ruined like. Which I prefer when it comes to level design.

On the side note, I'll be looking at each and every level once they are all compiled up together. I rather not play a single one till they are all up and ready in a playable state. So I can share my opinions on each and every map.

Last edited:
Is it okay if I wind up a little late?

I really want to give this a try, and start a map for once, but coming and seeing this late, and seeing the set deadline coming up in four days is throwing me off of this project.

What do you want me to do about it?

From the first post

Here's our time table; I'm rather lax about most deadlines and will let you submit and update past the deadlines, but if you need to upload your map past August 9th then you'll have to send it to me privately. Threads in Editing cannot have download links after a month; sorry!

Oh my god, I finally finished to make my best level:

Code:
Title: ROBOTNIK LABRATORY ZONE
Credits: Map by me, Song from "FINAL EGG" (Sonic Adventure), and also credit to Strike for made me some new sprites to this level.
Maintainer Notes: Playable in Software mod, and I didn't test it in OpenGL mod too.
Ok first off, go easy on the teleport usage. When I started the level, not only was I killed by a rail buzz, but when I did manage to survive, I had no idea where to go.

The Rail Buzz should be introduced later into the level, and the first few rooms should be connected so the player can figure out where to go.

You do have some teleports that make sense so keep those (like where you fall into them or are propelled up into them)

At one point I even found a wall you could go through. (Found by the Armaggdon shield) I didn't even think that was still possible to have!

I also think it's a bad idea to make instant kill oil and to not give the player any direction. Some spots can be fixed by adding arrows, others just by connecting them as mentioned earlier.

Icefox, the first starpost in your level is facing the wrong direction. When you respawn, you're facing back towards the beginning of the level.

I'm still working on this, but I wanted to go ahead and submit a rough draft so I could become formally submitted, and also get a little feedback. I'd like to make it a little longer and add some additional paths, and also pretty it up a bit (which I'll likely do in the next 2 week period).

Anyways...

Code:
Download: Attached
Title: Robotnik Park Zone
Credits: Thanks MotorRoach for getting the balloon popping sprites for me. Everything else by FuriousFox.
Maintainer Notes: 2 custom objects, Bumpers (461) and Balloons (462). The doomednums can be changed if necessary.

I had to get rid of the sloped roofs on the towers because they were crashing the game. Hopefully a future patch can fix that, or I can find a way to work around it.

EDIT: Sloped roofs fixed now (mostly). The crash was being caused by the end of the slope being 0-height, which SRB2's texture renderer didn't like. By making it 16-height now, it should be fine.

EDIT2: Apparently 16 wasn't enough, lets try 32. I tried several times and it didn't crash; hopefully it stays that way.

EDIT3: Nevermind. Reverted back to no sloped roofs. Made a small change to the balloon secret at the top of the bounce castle.

EDIT4: A bit more polish, plus a little work on extending the level.

EDIT5 : Added another room to the end, also smaller modifications throughout the rest of the level.

EDIT6: More rings and enemies. Minor texture fixes.

Attachments

• scr_robotnikpark.zip
    112.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Isn't the angle of the starpost suppose to represent the order it goes in? If you turn it around, I don't think it will be in a correct order. (Then again I probably don't know what I'm talking about since the last time I messed with starposts was with starpost activators.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back