Can't find a certain player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolacop

Hello, I am trying to set up a Co-op netgame with my cousin, we have been trying for around an hour, and can find everybody else but ourselves. Why? We played just yesterday, you can see on the Master Server log Nikolas Server and ethannikola12121 were both made, but I couldn't see his and he couldn't see mine, why is this happening and how do I fix it? Both our server options are switched on with the correct address and all. Very very frustrated. We played in close range to each other yesterday, if that means anything.

Last edited:
Yes, they can support more than 2 players. Up to 32 is the max, but rarely has anyone ever touched the limit of max people in servers, at least from what I know.

Thanks, you guys have been a big help, now, sorry to be a pain, but could somebody explain the process of port forwarding? I am not exactly tech savvy, but I know a little bit, so if somebody could dumb down and give me the steps of how its done that'd be awesome.

Here is a guide I wrote a couple years ago (wow has it been that long?). If you need help on how to do it on Windows 8, use the windows x key and then run for when it asks you to go into command prompt (cmd).
The problem about portforward.com, while helpful, has an advertisement to PFconfig even though you don't need it. Some users think that this is what they need to forward their ports, and don't realize that it isn't part of the instructions. If you skip the advertisement though, you should be able to configure your router using the steps they give you.

Configuring any router follows similar steps.

1. The first step is to type your default gateway into your address bar. It is normally 192.168.1.1. If you see a screen asking for your username and password, then you typed the right thing and go to step 3. If not, go to step 2.

2. Here is how to find out your default gateway if it isn't 192.168.1.1. Click on Start, then click on run, then type in cmd. This will get you to the command prompt. Once you are in command prompt, type in ipconfig. It should look like the image below.
2yvo4uv.png

The thing in red is the number you are looking for. Type that into the browser.

3. You will have to figure out what your default password and username is. On Linksys routers it's "admin" for both user and password. On Netgear Routers it's "admin" for username and "password" for password. If it is neither of these are your router, then you can either find that out in your router manual or find it out on the port forward site (just ignore the PFconfig stuff and skip the advertisement.)

4.Look for a tab with a name like, "Port Forwarding"; or "Applications and Gaming"

5. If your router asks you whether to open ports for TCP or UDP select UDP. Some routers offer a from port ___ to port ___, you would put 5029 on both.

6. The IP you want it forwarded to can be found using ipconfig. Click on Start, then click on run, then type in cmd. This will get you to the command prompt. Once you are in command prompt, type in ipconfig. It should look like the image below.
640px-Ipconfig.JPG

Look for the IP address and type that into the IP address that you want the ports to be forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back